They Got Me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess they do stuff different in the south. Here in the northeast no state recognizes any other states license. So if you were to cross a state line up here, you would be put in the slammer. That even go's for law enforcement officers.

I see you have an 07 R6, I own a 06 R6 Raven, you on the R6 forum?

whoa! that sucks :umn: ill keep that in mind if i ever go up there...

yeah im on the r6 forum, r6-forum.com, i dont know if there are others but thats the one im on. uofmr6 - haha got real clever with my forum names huh? :cool2: - tell you what im ready for some warm weather!

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***UPDATE***

Called my insurance company today and they sent Safelite out to replace the window. He broke the handle on the inside (which makes it impossible to open from the inside or the outside) so they are going to see if they can order another one.

As for my personal belongings, well me working in the insurance field and handling cases like this I'm sh*t out of luck. Since the belongings are not bolted down on the vehicle and me not having renters/homeowner's coverage then the personal property isn't covered. I just realized that they stole my portable gps system also so I will be mapquesting my way back to VA.

As for the firearm I was told that for me to have it in VA I must switch my driver's license to VA to be okay. I'm not b/c in the spring I will be out of VA and move to another state. I figure that if I have to shoot someone for breaking into my vehicle or apt. then I will deal with whole perment and gun thing at that time.

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, sounds to me to be an inside job. What are the odds of the same thing happening twice in such a long time frame?

Also, you do know crossing state lines with a firearm is a felony, right?

FEDERAL LAW ON TRANSPORTATION OF FIREARMS

A provision of federal law serves as a defense to state or local laws which would prohibit the passage of persons with firearms in interstate travel.

Notwithstanding any state or local law, a person shall be entitled to transport a firearm from any place where he may lawfully possess it to any other place where he may lawfully possess such firearm if the firearm is unloaded and in the trunk. In vehicles without a trunk, the unloaded firearm shall be in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console. Necessary stops, like gasoline and rest, seem permissible.

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=59

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, sounds to me to be an inside job. What are the odds of the same thing happening twice in such a long time frame?

I'm not sure about an inside job. I don't really associate with anyone when I come back home. The problem is that the neigborhood is a bad one, the neighbors on one side have waay too much traffic going in and out of their house. But heck the street has too much traffic, unkown people walking up and down it etc etc.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Safelite people just called and stated that they wont be able to get the part to me until Tuesday. I advised them that I was leaving out Sunday morning to VA. She stated that she can mail me the part and I be responsible for putting it on myself. WOW!

I advised her to send her tech back out to fix my door and they need to overnight my part to me and have it their by Wed b/c of the holiday. Now she is making up excuses on why it might not be to me until the week of Jan. 5.

I really dont have any words to describe how I'm feeling now but it is not good.

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't sleep for the next week. I'd be in my living room staring out the window while holding that pistol for when they come back.

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
whoa! that sucks :umn: ill keep that in mind if i ever go up there...

yeah im on the r6 forum, r6-forum.com, i dont know if there are others but thats the one im on. uofmr6 - haha got real clever with my forum names huh? :cool2: - tell you what im ready for some warm weather!

Cool I'll look out for you over there. I'M Yamahauler on the R6 forum.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well no luck for the last couple of nights. I'm headed out to buy another (temporary) gps to get me back up the road tonight.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Man, sorry to hear that happened. That sucks. Hopefully you get everything straightened out and make out ok with insurance.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, sorry to hear that happened. That sucks. Hopefully you get everything straightened out and make out ok with insurance.

Nope. Me being an insurance man I knew it was coming. My insurance only took care of the window after I pay my deductible. Everything else is basicaly not covered.

Just for everyone to know..If it is not bolted down on the vehicle then is not covered. Your personal belongings could be taken care of by your homeowner's/renter's insurance... but I dont have either.

My cousin suggested an idea to me and I want to ask you guys if any of you have done it. My Tahoe is an LS and it has a hole on the factory radio which seems like a jack. Does anyone know if that is an Ipod jack? This is the second time my one of my vehicles have been broken into in the past year and I am tired of replacing cd's so I'm thinking about buying an Ipod (and of course remove it everytime I exit the vehicle).

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the owner's manual but on some it is a aux input for external devices.

dirtysouth

Reaction score
I bought a cord with two of the jacks from best buy and connected my ipod using the auxiliary the cord was about 20 bucks.

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn dude that sucks, they got my friends custom evo a couple nights ago, stole navi, cars racing ecu computer, all the seats, and gauges. It sucks they broke into a parking garage and did it all over night. Have video of them throwing seats to people at the bottom of the parking garage. Damn thieves.

And I think they tried to get me the other night, I came outside in the morning and my hood was popped open but I don't know why all my audio stuff was still there. .

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a cord with two of the jacks from best buy and connected my ipod using the auxiliary the cord was about 20 bucks.

Can you post a link? A lady at work was telling me that her parents bought her a device that connects to her ipod and she tunes it and the radio to the same station and it connects wireless. She says it plays well.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn dude that sucks, they got my friends custom evo a couple nights ago, stole navi, cars racing ecu computer, all the seats, and gauges. It sucks they broke into a parking garage and did it all over night. Have video of them throwing seats to people at the bottom of the parking garage. Damn thieves.

And I think they tried to get me the other night, I came outside in the morning and my hood was popped open but I don't know why all my audio stuff was still there. .

Yeah the thieves are out. I was at the dealership yesterday getting an oil change and we were talking about how alot of people might be disappointed when they get back to their vehicles after Obama gets sworn in. D.C. is not the best place to leave you vehicle for hours and come back with something not done.

I'm still walking around with my head down. I mean I'm trying to replace some of the things now and it is costing me an arm and leg. Bad part is the alarm (which was my main goal of getting done down there) probably wont get installed until spring. I mean I'm going to have to save up the $700-900 to get the alarm installed. I was going to have my installer install it for $200 and I paid about $300 for the alarm and accessories off of ebay. So I was going to save about $200. Unfortunately no installer in VA will install the alarm unless you buy it from them (which means you pay retail price plus installation).

And that being the case... I'm still a target and it can happen again!

Just my opinion: But if you catch those bastards, KILL 'EM. That's the only way you know for sure they will stop. :yesnod: