This Hoe is not for me..........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This weekend I will be returning my LTZ to the stock height as I'm seriously considering getting out of it.
But fear not, I will return with same truck only a different color. I took a shot with the White and I'm not very fond of it. I know a lot of you have White Trucks and I am not criticizing or saying anything derogatory. I just dont like the white....! I want a silver or grayish color . I may even wait for an '09.
I will not be reinstalling the Pedders Kit. So if anyone is interested in the 4 springs and shorter rods for the air ride, PM me. Kit kas 800 miles on it.
Its a great look for those that want that appearance, but after all is said and done..I prefer the stock look as far as height is concerned.
The part #'s for frt spring are 2422 and 2425 for rear.
There will be no discussion on price here, so please dont fill up the thread with the "how much" questions.
PM me if interested........

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took my advice huh? :cool: good for you though. your so close i would wait for an 09. are you tradeing or selling your truck?

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took my advice huh? :cool: good for you though. your so close i would wait for an 09. are you tradeing or selling your truck?

I knew I would hear from you right away......:yesnod:
I'm going to see what the dealer has to offer as far as a trade . I am giving myself a maximum out of pocket to work with. I also will be removing the Lockpick, bug deflector, mud gds, window shades,the LED tails and 3rd brake light.They WILL go into new ride.
The tow hook covers, the rear gate chrome trim will stay on along with the weathertech carpet covers.
But if someone were to make a respectable offer I would consider it. Truck is 6 months old with 2800 miles on it.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just get a paint job?

No....... Decreases value of vehicle by changing color, not to mention the amount of work to change everything that is white to different color. "Paint job" is easy to say but requires a multitude of labor to accomplish. Engine would have to come out also to refinish engine compt.
Buying a new truck will cost a few more dollars but will be better for me and anyone else in the long run.

KillerStudio

Reaction score
What do you not like about white? Just curious because I am looking for a white tahoe.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 05 GTO was Silver, and it hid dirt. I want something along that line.
White is as bad as black if not worse. Yes it looks great when clean, keeping it clean is the issue.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White is as bad as black if not worse. Yes it looks great when clean, keeping it clean is the issue.

I had a white Cadillac and it showed dirt/mud pretty bad but there is nothing like a black one. White didn't show the dust and pollen and all. My Lucerne is silver and it hides it well, except the wheels build up a lot of brake dust. But, it's a company car I don't worry too much about keeping it clean.

Texasguy

Reaction score
Arlington, TX (Home of the Tahoe factory)
I had to throw my 2 cents in about color choice, at least from a practicality point of view. I owned a black vehicle for over five years, never again. I would wash it in the morning and it would look dusty by the afternoon, and pollen season made it so that washing just wasn't worth it. I literally wouldn't wash my car for a month or so at a time because it would frustrate me so much when it looked dirty hours later. Black also shows swirl marks the worst. I would wash that car with fresh terry cloths, never use drive-through washes, etc, and it still got tons of swirl marks.
White might show the dirt and mud equally bad, but it virtually hid all the dust and pollen that would be readily apparant on black.
I also think the white Tahoe's just plain look good. I had to go to three dealerships to find a white one with the options I wanted, but there were plenty of black and silver ones.
I also live in Texas where the summers frequently get over 100 degrees, so white has some practicality benefits there.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also live in Texas where the summers frequently get over 100 degrees, so white has some practicality benefits there.
No doubt about benefits when ya live where you do. I am still partial to the Silver though.
We'll see what happens.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

my silver looks clean, super dirty, and only gets better after a hose off, i dont even have to worry about drying , it just looks great, and after a detail by a pro. looks fake its so clean. i have heard that gold mist is just as easy to keep clean. if i was still gunna order an 09 that would have been my color.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black is very hard to keep clean (all my cars are black), but they look the sharpest when they're clean. I will never go back to white, too plain IMO.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of the color cars I've owned, I'd order them as follows from best looking filthy to worst:

Gold, Creme, White, Sport Red, Burgundy, Blue/Green, Navy, Black

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my silver looks clean, super dirty, and only gets better after a hose off, i dont even have to worry about drying , it just looks great, and after a detail by a pro. looks fake its so clean. i have heard that gold mist is just as easy to keep clean. if i was still gunna order an 09 that would have been my color.

Amen....brutha!!