This is the 2007+ section!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lately there have been a lot of posts of other model years in this 2007+ section. I don't have a superiority complex because my vehicle is newer than yours, I'm just saying you will have better replies for the most part if you post in the proper year section. If you have a part fail and want advice, you'd probably rather get it from the people who also have that year of vehicle and could have possibly encountered that part going bad. I don't monitor other year sections, and I'd expect most others to not monitor this section. You'll be doing yourself a favor by posting in the proper year section. You can move your post by using the Thread Tools button above your first post. Can I get a sticky? Cheers.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I monitor all and post with what I know. But thats only becuase I have had the pleaseure of owning all 3 generations. But I posted in the 06 when I had my 06 and now am in the 07 plus.

But I agree. Should be in your year for best info as Im prolly one of the few that does through all the forums.

nerotxc

Reaction score
I ran into this problem when i started my mustang site. I started over b/c it got too busy.

Instead of boards seperated by years, i suggest topics with years as the child boards.

That doesnt excuse what is happening, imo it would make navigating alot easier.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank You!
Though I respond to some people in the Pre-07 section because I can help them its really getting annoying seeing wrong post in this area. I think they're should be a tool installed asking what year Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade users have in the UserCp area, then it shouldn't allow people to START threads in the wrong model year. That's the best solution to me!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking part of the problem is that a new user comes to the site and sees General Discussion and clicks it and posts their problems, never looking to see the year. Could we perhaps change the default page to just show the year so that must be selected first? Now this is sounding like a site suggestions question, so nobody give me a hard time about that...thanks...

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Lately there have been a lot of posts of other model years in this 2007+ section. I don't have a superiority complex because my vehicle is newer than yours, I'm just saying you will have better replies for the most part if you post in the proper year section. If you have a part fail and want advice, you'd probably rather get it from the people who also have that year of vehicle and could have possibly encountered that part going bad. I don't monitor other year sections, and I'd expect most others to not monitor this section. You'll be doing yourself a favor by posting in the proper year section. You can move your post by using the Thread Tools button above your first post. Can I get a sticky? Cheers.

Gambler, as well as anyone, if you happen to notice a thread not in its correct place in the forum, report it and myself or another Mod will look into it and see what needs to be done.

DEAL?

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gambler, as well as anyone, if you happen to notice a thread not in its correct place in the forum, report it and myself or another Mod will look into it and see what needs to be done.

DEAL?

That's treating the symptoms, not curing the disease.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...if the moderators aren't going to do any "work" around here, perhaps some new moderators should be appointed?

The threads need to be moved to the proper area. They've been here for days. Will they ever be moved?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
...if the moderators aren't going to do any "work" around here, perhaps some new moderators should be appointed?

The threads need to be moved to the proper area. They've been here for days. Will they ever be moved?

Mighty strong words typed there. I for one am a Mod. I do have a life outside of Tahoeforum. I am sure others on this fine site have lives outside of this forum as well.

I can not be on the site 24/7. I am sure nobody can. Hence the reason behind my first post to this topic. It would be easier for us to handle an issue if it is brought to our attention by people who notice before we do.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you guys do a lot of work, I'm just suggesting a way to reduce said work. It is fine to treat the "symptoms" for now, I'll try to use the "report post" if that is what you would like, but I think something more permanent could be done.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Who do you think kept the crap down to an aboslute null when our wave of spam hit???? I call that living hell work. But to each is own. :skep:

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mighty strong words typed there. I for one am a Mod. I do have a life outside of Tahoeforum. I am sure others on this fine site have lives outside of this forum as well.

I can not be on the site 24/7. I am sure nobody can. Hence the reason behind my first post to this topic. It would be easier for us to handle an issue if it is brought to our attention by people who notice before we do.

Thanks for editing my post and removing my suggestions...

Why not appoint a mod that frequents the 2007+ section? Perhaps someone who owns a 2007+? We would be more than happy to police ourselves and "move" a thread when we see it, instead of days/weeks later.

There are quite a few guys here who "live" here and could do this job well... (not me!)

I understand what it's like to have a life. I've owned/run several forums over the years which had 4-5x the members/posts that this forum does (which is why I'm asking for an improvement and offering advice).

As I mentioned previously (and you deleted from my post), we get the brunt of the problem since the 2007 forum is the first one listed and people do not read before posting. If at least one mod does not come to this forum daily and read each thread, it is a problem. It is silly to have to PM a mod to tell them to move threads. Just give someone the ability to do it and it wont be an issue.

BTW, we appreciate you moving the 5-6 posts. Here are two more that need to be moved that were overlooked...

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=15264
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=15327

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
I goofed and accidently edited my next post to yours. Then I tried to correct the problem, only to have found out now, I did not edit your post correctly. For that I am sorry.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Alright I got those topics too.

Here's the kicker, I even responded to some of those topics that I moved. Perhaps i should be paying more attention. D'oh!!

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol tensions are being built here, I didn't meant to start something so nobody blame me please:inc:

Status
Not open for further replies.