This Look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCalHoe

Reaction score
SOunds good. Will it be level or still need the level kit, thats what I meant not keys. I want the 3" body and what leveling kit?

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you wont need a leveling kit unless its not level now. if you and look at your truck now and the front is lower then the back then its not level. this will stay the same since you are lifting the body off the frame. if you want to level it just tighten your keys A LITTLE!!.
If you over tighten then you could have suspension problems down the road.

PS: when tightening your keys you must have the front tires off the ground

SoCalHoe

Reaction score
Guess I will be tightening the keys later then. Isnt the leveling kit only like 200 bucks? Would like the front maybe a 1/2 to and inch taller than the back if poss. Tahoe is stock with 22's

Aquinosteven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A leveling kit is just keys that allow you to crank you t bars further. i wouldnt crank them more then an inch. if i were to get new keys i would get stock f150 keys. they provide more lift for half the price.

Jesters.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah your best bet is just to go with a 3" body lift and crank your torsion bars. Try not to crank over 1" though! Stick with the 35's, don't get 37's.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd is cheap...4" spindles with ford keys and 6" coils out back would clear 35's no problem. 37's with a 3" body lift.

SoCalHoe

Reaction score
2wd is cheap...4" spindles with ford keys and 6" coils out back would clear 35's no problem. 37's with a 3" body lift.

That sounds good, to add later. So think I'll go with the 3" body and 35's and later I can just add to it to get bigger.

Is it going to matter if I'm running 17, 18 or 20 inch wheels. Looking at 17's I think. Not sure on the backspacing or any of that. Is the 17x9 what Im looking for or is that still too wide. Wish I didnt have 22's so i could just buy tires, anybody want some. maybe even just trade for some stockers or something, but I heard they are too narrow for 315's or 35's.

WhiteHoeZ71

Reaction score
Thank y'all both for the input. I am trying to avoid a body lift so I can stll mount a brush guard on the frame. I may just turn the keys to level it out so I can run the 33s. I have a choice between nitto terra grapplers and dune grapplers. any experience with either one of these?? What would look better??? Any pics??

I just put 285/70/17 (32.6") Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 06 Z71 less than two hours ago. In my opinion they look good. The dune grapplers probably look better but I read that they have high road noise and bad wet traction. Let me know if you'd like pics and I'll try to get some for you.

Gray Ghost

Reaction score
I just put 285/70/17 (32.6") Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 06 Z71 less than two hours ago. In my opinion they look good. The dune grapplers probably look better but I read that they have high road noise and bad wet traction. Let me know if you'd like pics and I'll try to get some for you.

BRING ON THE PICS!!!!:thumbsup: