tilt wheel/lights go out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fck55mph

Reaction score
when i tilt my wheel, my headlights(not DTRL) will go out. i have wiggled wires on the column and cannot get the same results. i have tried to wiggle the headlight switch but that doesnt trigger it either. if the column is all the way up,they go out and when i put the wheel all the way down,they come back on. weird...anyone out there have a similar issue??

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only issue i have is with the headlight switch itself.. when i turn the lights on sometime, the DTRL will stay on, have to wiggle it, turn the switch back and fourth and you hear a really weird noise.. - but i fixed it a few days ago, the wiring harness to the light switch had two burnt wires going into it..

spero

Reaction score
Mine does the same when tilting the steering up but if I tilt it down into the right position or push the turn signal back slightly towards the dashboard the running light come on. The lights stay on in high beam position. Anybody have any solutions?

spero

Reaction score
Were the two burnt wires in the wiring harness that you repaired inside the steering column and how exactly did you access the wiring?

spero

Reaction score
Hey, That may be exactly what I have to do. Do you have any instructions on how to do this or maybe a link to where I can get some detailed instructions.

Spero

Hardwarz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. Turns out my problem was caused by me.

I added in a remote start but I put in a H harness so I didn't cut into the factory wires. On the H harness, I didn't bolt up the harness together tight enough. This caused the lights to go out when yo moved the tilt steering.

I'd verify that the bolt that holds the harness together under the dash is tight before doing anything else.

Hardwarz