timing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poppa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all. I want to check my timing as I just got done changing the intake manifold gasket. In my manual it says to 'disengage the timing connector' ,what/where is this? Is it one of the two connectors coming out the side of my distributor? This is for a 94 5.7 Yukon.

If I am a tooth off ,will just adjusting the timing be ok? Thanks for your time

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to disconnect the timing advance wire (brown single wire connector) IIRC it is inside the cab under glove box? Someone correct me if I am wrong... been a bit since I had a TBI....

JC77

Reaction score
Should be under the hood, on the firewall on the passenger side. There is a black cover on the firewall secured by several plastic nuts that you can usually remove by hand. Take that cover off and the connector should be on the right side closest to the engine. single wire. Just unplug it.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was a 95, so it was a bastard year so I dont know for shure....

JC77

Reaction score
I'm not positive either. I had a 94 Silverado and that is where it was on it. Should be the same setup.:confused:

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NP, some are near distributor, some are behind glovebox....

MO Viet Vet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the heck engineer went from near the distributor, where it should be, to behind the glove box? Not a clearance problem, right?! I remember this now. I wanted to strangle the guy! Oh well, go figure.

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Late model ones were like that, earlier ones were near distributor....