Tinted Winshields

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got pulled over last JANUARY by a state trooper in amarillo and rolled down both the front windows and froze my ass off for 20 minutes while he called my **** in. then he let me go. (no front plate)

...Both Front and rear heaters are no match for 2 windows down 35 outside and 30 mph wind gusts...

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah DNR can be pricks then they can be cool to... all just a mater of what you did wrong, i cant wai to move up there btw i asked my window tint buddy and he said it was pointless because you hae to go through an inspection to get a tag is this true, here in florida you never have to... not that i remember in the last 3 titles i held!

Atvkrazy06

Reaction score
chevyhoe- yeh this dude was cool considering we were all drinking and under age and he let us go with just trespessing. But in south carolina there are no inspections of any kind. I live in Florence SC and we pretty much get away with anything like tint and loud exhaust and stuff of that nature. Big thing around here is speeding and seatbelts.

bmwman3241

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 5% all around (front, sides, and back) on my Denali for about 3 months, but was stopped by a cop at my school. He pulled the tint off, gave me a $100 fine, and impounded my truck for 30 days. I heard once they impound it you could tint it again with no problem. ;)
As far as driving goes, my back never touched the seat at night. I would always lean forward and open my windows at a turn too make sure theirs no people or cars w/o lights.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah california can be really strict i hear... which i dont get its one of the sunniest states so they should be lieniet, here in florida all you have to do is go get yere eyes examined, tell the doctor you wear costa del mar polaroized sun glasses and the sun still burns your eyes on a long drive... you know the rest complain, complain, complain... if he agrees you just go online get a form that enables you to have winshield tint and dark tint on the windows, have him sign it and take it to the dmv they put a note on your record so when a cop runs your plate it shows that its legal for you!!! i am actually in a computer class right now with a florida highway patrol and i talked to him about it he said if you dont plan to ever have anything in your car thats illeagle its fine... it just gives them probiible cause when you tint everything black such as windows and stuff. its a fact most drug related arrests are some how linked to driving, vehicle appearence. Here in florida cops usually only pull you over when u are sitting at a stop light an they see you with it on... but they also can run your tag before they pull you over and a red flag flies on their computer screen when you have this form compleated.

Lockeness7

Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get a tint strip for the top of the windshield that fades downward? So that you cant see just a black line across your window, looking for something a little more classy than what would appear to be a sticker....

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 25% strip that fades downwards which does look alot classier like you said but thats how the tint shop did it. It was computer/machine cut along with the rear side windows, rear quarter windows and rear hatch window.
I suggest you look around your local tint shops and/or Ebay and you'll find someone that can do it.

nerotxc

Reaction score
i have my cobra tinted 50% windshield, 15% all the way around, perfect for me!

Last edited:

RIZZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chadlewis the tint on ur whips look sick!
Do you see any tint from the inside? Day? Night??
I wanted 2 get my tinted, but like all you guys said, "the consequences" gettn pulled over...etc.. I thought about just getn a light tint anyway! Just bcuz i looovvveeee the way the tint on the front windshield looks....
if you have pics...post them plz!!

iwaslowr

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and responses, as for those who have Title/Inspection stickers on the winshield how do you do it especially in Texas?

I purchased a small sheet of clear static cling vinyl from a local sign shop and stuck my stickers on it... then placed it on my windshield. As they expire I will simply cut another piece of vinyl again for the new sticker... no worries of cutting the tint or having to remove them and the glue ever again.

Attachments

• DSC03172.jpg
    DSC03172.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 11

iwaslowr

Reaction score
50% on entire windshield, 5% upper and lower strip on windshield, 5% front doors, 15% on top of stock tint on rear windows.

Attachments

• Front1.jpg
    Front1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 13

iwaslowr

Reaction score
I want to tint my winshield but want some info first, for those that have it how'd you do it, whats a good darkness and how do you handle inspection and Title stickers on the winshield with the tint in the way. How do you even pass inpection with it?

To get it done requires cash and knowing somebeody willing to do it. As far as the inspection... You have to know somebody that knows somebody that knows somebody :cheers:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do that because I know I can pass inspection somehow!
Is there a way you can have the stickers behind or on the tint without messing it up?