tire problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicca2187

Reaction score
i put a new set of tires on my tahoe a few month ago and i hear this strange noise i dont know how to describe it its like a high noise only on the right front tire i didnt had that problem with the factory set... i went to three different dealers and got everything that it could be checked out but the only thing they said to me was it could be that the tires are not the best ....i do not know ANYTHING about cars and my husband is gone for another 3 month so i can only go by what they tell me... i need help :(

thanks

Donkey punch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you hear the noise as you are driving and or braking? Is it a constant pitch or does it come and go?

nicca2187

Reaction score
So you hear the noise as you are driving and or braking? Is it a constant pitch or does it come and go?

its almost always there i thought about the brakes to but i got the pads changed out last week and its still there and the dealers checked the brakes to and they are ok its a loud high noise only on the front tire if it would be the tires wouldnt it be on all four??

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap front and rear tires on one side at a time, and see if the noise follows one of them.
Sounds like it could very well be a tire problem.

Why don't your dealer's do that for you????

Who put the tires on for you? Why not go back to them?

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap front and rear tires on one side at a time, and see if the noise follows one of them.
Sounds like it could very well be a tire problem.

Why don't your dealer's do that for you????

Who put the tires on for you? Why not go back to them?

X2 Sounds like a bad tire or something like old goat said go back to the place where you got them and tell them there is an issue .

also what kind of tires do you have on the truck ?

On a side note just accured to me guys wouldn't a wheel bearing do the same thing if it was going bad? they also make a loud noise when the truck is moving

nicca2187

Reaction score
well i cant go back to the place were i bought them cause im here in germany now and i got them when i was back in the states but i could go back to the place that put them on for me and see if they could switch the tires out for me ....i do that today and see what they say ....i dont know the brand of the tires shouldnt the name be somewhere on the tires then i could look?

nicca2187

Reaction score
i was just wondering about the wheel bearing thing i had a big car inspection like 2 month a ago wouldnt they told me if something was wrong or can that just show up over night and wouldnt the noise also be there when the others tires are on the tahoe?

nicca2187

Reaction score
so i went to the chevy dealer here today and they told me the one rim is rubbing on the brake a little bit does anybody know if there can be anything done to fix it or do i have to take my rims off? i dont really trust the germans here i think that was the first time the guy there ever saw a tahoe lol so if anybody could help that would be great! thanks

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah, so you changed the wheels also?

If that's what the problem is, you should be able to grind ever so slightly on the point of interference on the caliper, to give your aftermarket wheel clearance to not make contact.

Be carefull, do not grind too much..........