Tire question on 2008 LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

b-mccullough

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd set of tires and I have had to replace them with about 35K miles with over 1/2 of tire tread left due to wearing on the outside sides on front only. The front end is checked every 6Kmiles and is always perfect. The tires always have the right air pressure.

Am I the only one with this problem?

Thanks

07burb

Reaction score
When you say " The front end is checked every 6Kmiles and is always perfect" what do you mean by this? Have you had an alignment recently? Front end components (ball joints, tie rod ends,...) in good shape?

b-mccullough

Reaction score
Yes, the front end alignment is checked every 4-6K miles and corrected if required. It has never been any major alignment adjustments made. Mostly just very minor adjustments.

Thanks for your help!

07burb

Reaction score
You've got me stumped. Have you asked the shop that you've been taking it to every 4-6k for it's rotation? What did they say?

b-mccullough

Reaction score
They told me this was a common thing to happen on Tahoes and Suburbans with the Bridgestone tires. I was curious if others have had the same issue. Thanks again for your help.

07burb

Reaction score
Well, I can't speak for Bridgestone tires but I've had a set of Goodyears and not Nittos on my Suburban and not see this issue. I find it puzzling that it'd be specific to the tire brand but if it is I guess try a different brand next time and see what happens :shrug:

b-mccullough

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. That is a good idea to switch brands. Take care.

PACABADA

Reaction score
wear

I started having problems on my 00 Z71 at about 160K after going with Bridgestone Duelers. Switched to Coopers and now to Firestones and same problem. We've tweaked toe in settings with not much improvement. The 07 I just purchased has Bridgestones at 115K and wearing smooth. Only thing I can think of is we live in small city and never leave town so all the turning wears the outerside edge of tires. No highway miles. Or a camber/caster problem because the tires on the 00 sure at a good lean angle at full turn. Of course the wife used to drive it so it's her fault. LOL

Paul

Ont240

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the camber checked. Checking toe isn't enough.
Have the shop dial in some negative camber. You won't regret it.