torson bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know alot about torson bars? how far will stock torsion bars drop the front end? i guess in inches?

madspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lowered mine by 2 inches. The previous owner cranked up the bars from factory height, I just lowered to slightly lower than level with the rear.

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that as low as it went? couldn u have taken it lower? right now im riden stock and want to see the lowest the torsion bar will lower the overall front end thanks for any advise

jwpotts0413

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they won't go but 2-3 inches lower i dont think. i guess u could take the torsion bar adjustment bolts out but then your front end suspension would be all soggy and soft. i like mine jacked up 2/3 for a stiff ride and more tire clearance, but i do have a 4x4. my s10 is layin frame :)

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to lower the car, do it right by getting the Belltech lowering kit.

It will have a new set of "Keys" that hold the back end of the torsion bar. They offset the torsion bar to the new position, so your adjusting bolt remains midrange.

They also provide you with new bump stops. You also need to have a major alignment job done to get the geometry correct. These Tahoes have plenty of movement on the alignment controls to compensate.

I had mine done with more cornering performance in mind. You just need to tell your front end guy what you want to end up with. Good luck. :cool2: