Totally Off Topic question about cadillac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what do u guys think about a 98 cadillac deville i saw one at a near by dealer with 82,000 miles and in very good condition so i was wondering if anybody who owned one could tell me some things to look out for before buying it.... :smokin::peace::troll3:

FishinCricket

Reaction score
I don't own one but I have traded for several, they are kick ass cars.. Every vehicle has a list of faults though and this one is no different, that list is:

Head gaskets
Speed sensitive suspension (SSS)
They burn oil
Electrical issues (lots of cool gadgets that sometimes crap out)

I would definitely have an independent mechanic check it over and don't pay too much, that old beast is like 5 body styles old, they own it for pretty cheap if they know what they're doing...

Good luck!

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks, well i got a friend who is a mechanic and has his own shop so ill make sure to call him up and also use a scanner i started the car up and she started as soon as i turned the key the engine doesn't make any noise and there's no pressure in radiator hose im guessing head gasket is not cracked or blown i haven't driven it because it had Oct 12' plates and i saw it in Nov so hopefully tomorrow ill get to test her but all electronics seem to be working fine as far as trim goes its a BASE model so not that many gadgets but still ill keep a close eye.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the (SSS) i checked the drivers information system and it didn't have any error messages tire pressure monitors seem to be working as well so i guess were all good.....