Towing with a Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beh2241

Reaction score
I'm new to this posting stuff but have a general question. I'm shopping for a 2012 LTZ and I'm wondering if I should look for the 4WD version or the 2WD because I will be towing a 23ft Airstream. The Tahoe is Rated for 8500 or 8300 for 4WD but I worry about becoming stuck with my trailer using a 2WD. Can anyone address this concern?

jetskied

Reaction score
As said above if you can afford it get it. However I usually don't get a 4WD because I don't need it. It really depends on where do you live and where do you tow your stuff. I use my Burban to tow a boat and I live in So. Cal. so I just will never use a 4WD. If you live in harsher climates and take your air stream to something other than easy dirt road at the camp site then a 4WD make sense. If all you do is drive in good weather and keep that trailer on the campsite then a 2WD would work fine.