Tranny Cooler Line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk00ss

Reaction score
Wife has 2005 Tahoe. Upper (on radiator) tranny cooler line is leaking where it crimps and goes from rubber to hard line. Already have new line. Does grill have to come out in order to connect line into cooler? I removed plastic cover from above radiator to get better look. Seems I could do it with just that removed and reaching into void but I'm also concerned about spring from fitting shooting off and not being able to find it. Any thoughts on this project?

Jeff M

Reaction score
I had to replace both of them on my 2005 Tahoe and I did remove the grille just to make things easier, I also addressed some of the corrosion on the other hardware behind the grille at the same time. Be careful with the fittings on the transmission, many times they are difficult to reuse without getting a leak...I just replaced them as I didn't want to do the job twice. If you plan to keep the vehicle I would replace both lines if they are original, if not you will be under there again soon.

hope this helps...