Trans Temp gauge question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, My question is has any took there truck that doesn't have
a trans temp gauge on there cluster and try to covert it over
with a new cluster that has one? I was just woundering if it was possibile
or not. If how what do you get and need? Thanks!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
If your truck is a 2000 model (going by your user name), you can switch over to a 00-02 cluster that has the trans temp gauge and it will work. Sending unit and everything is already in place, so all you have to do is just install the new ip cluster. You can use an Escalade or Denali cluster as well.

DarkTahoe00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man thanks! I got one other question if you swap out clusters or disconnect them does it trip the ecu with a code or kinda like a cookie in it?
This is what I was told I guess to keep mileage fraud from happening or to let someone know it has been changed.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hey man thanks! I got one other question if you swap out clusters or disconnect them does it trip the ecu with a code or kinda like a cookie in it?
This is what I was told I guess to keep mileage fraud from happening or to let someone know it has been changed.

If you go to the dealership with your current ip in place, they should be able to program the miles on the new cluster so your mileage will be the same.