Trans Temp Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnoXracer247

Reaction score
I have an 03 yukon 5.3l and i am looking to install a trans temp gauge, has anyone installed one before.

thanks in advance,
andy

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 yukon 5.3l and i am looking to install a trans temp gauge, has anyone installed one before.

thanks in advance,
andy

do you do a lot of towing? (i have never installed one, just wondering why you want to install yours)

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea usually, a boat or snowmobile trailer and stuff like that, ive always wondered what the temp gets up too.

yes it is a nice feature, my girlfriend has the denali and it has the trans temp jammy....

what tripped me out is that my hoe has the toe package... seems logical that if you sell a truck w/ a "tow package" it should have a trans temp guage. Or maybe Im just a needy S.O.B.

SnoXracer247

Reaction score
yes it is a nice feature, my girlfriend has the denali and it has the trans temp jammy....

what tripped me out is that my hoe has the toe package... seems logical that if you sell a truck w/ a "tow package" it should have a trans temp guage. Or maybe Im just a needy S.O.B.

yea your right, if you got the tow package it should come with a trans gauge in the cluster,

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
You can swap in an 03-06 cluster with the trans temp gauge from an Escalade, Denali, or HD truck. Sending unit is pre-installed on all these trucks, so all you have to do is add the gauge.
The towing package doesn't include the temp gauge. If I'm not mistaken, it's only available on the 6.0 trucks (HD models, Escalades, and Denalis).

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can swap in an 03-06 cluster with the trans temp gauge from an Escalade, Denali, or HD truck. Sending unit is pre-installed on all these trucks, so all you have to do is add the gauge.
The towing package doesn't include the temp gauge. If I'm not mistaken, it's only available on the 6.0 trucks (HD models, Escalades, and Denalis).

you are not mistaken because i have the tow package... no temp gauge...

so if i pull the cluster out of a denali it will hook right up to my 03 hoe no prob and the trans temp gauge will work>? seems like one of those things thats too good to be true

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if i pull the cluster out of a denali it will hook right up to my 03 hoe no prob and the trans temp gauge will work>? seems like one of those things thats too good to be true

Thats right, an Escalade one will work too.

Godti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every thing I have read up on about this subject says its just plug and play, so Im looking of for a escalade cluster to install.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an Escalade cluster on mine. Plug and play... Guy I got it from was about 100 miles under mine so no need to mess around and reprogramming it..

hoe030.jpg
[/IMG]

There's a dude here local who will take yours, replace all the stepper motors on it, add the tranny temp gauge and give it the Denali or Escalade trim for the likes of $200-225 depending.. Plus all the info stays the same..

Seems pricy though.. If you went and got a Caddy or Denali cluster you're probably looking at more $$ plus you would have to have your info programmed into it..

Something to think about.. Personally I love the Escalade cluster look and the tranny gauge is just a plus..