true duals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95yukongt

Reaction score
so i finally decided to go true duals on my truck. im going to get a set of long tubes and run my dads old exhaust on his camaro and put on my truck. my dad is swithcing to an 3inch x pipe and mufflers on his 71 camaro and he has 2.5inch piping with dump flows im going to use. once i add a cam it will sound great.

anybody else have true dual exhaust. if so post pics please.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have already seen this setup. I did 3" duals with dump tubes using electric "blast gates".

I mounted the electric cut outs using 3 bolt flanges, so I can remove them in the winter time.

The 2drs are a little different with the spare inside........

Oh, and there are no kitties on this one....... :eek2:

http://www.tahoeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3521&d=1210720672

http://www.tahoeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3459&d=1210228744

http://www.tahoeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2977&d=1207290568

Last edited:

bigblackhoe98

Reaction score
95Twin...thats a bad ass hoe. I can't say I've ever seen a 2-door with that many performance mods! It looks great too. Did you replace the painted bumpers with the chrome ones?

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you replace the painted bumpers with the chrome ones?

I did replace the bumpers because the coating was chipping off. The new painted bumpers were way more expensive than chrome, so I switched.

Most people don't notice the difference.

95yukongt

Reaction score
95twin, i like your setup but im using the pacesstor long tubes cause there cheap and thats what i can afford. but i think the exhaust is going to hang under the rails that go to each side of the frame rails, unlike your how it hangs ontop...

96fleetwood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 4 door the exhaust comes off the headers and then both pipes are next to each other on the passenger side. The mufflers are sideways instead of flat. I will take a picture when I get back from vacation.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since your from LI, I was quaoted 1,000 for truel duals...to me ot worht it. So IM gg with Log Tubes with a Custom Y pipe...so much cheaper.

If you kow anyoe who ca do better for true duals let me kow!

95yukongt

Reaction score
Since your from LI, I was quaoted 1,000 for truel duals...to me ot worht it. So IM gg with Log Tubes with a Custom Y pipe...so much cheaper.

If you kow anyoe who ca do better for true duals let me kow!

i was quoted 650 for a regular dual exhuast ffrom he cat and back. i have so many ideas, i just have to see my money issue you know. my truck is reall loud now my dad said. he can hear me form blocks just normal driving so i think true duals will be over kill.

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Magnaflow's Smallest Muffler (3.5x7) Body is 11 inches overall its 17. I kept the set up stock except the muffler is Dual In and Dual Out and it sounds like a Roadrunner...louder than my SL55 AMG!!!

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful with pacesetter, I had a pace setter full header back set up on my last car. Quickly changed it out. IMO you might be better off with the OBX ebay header. I know atleast on my old ZX2 everyone loved those OBX headers.

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful with pacesetter, I had a pace setter full header back set up on my last car. Quickly changed it out. IMO you might be better off with the OBX ebay header. I know atleast on my old ZX2 everyone loved those OBX headers.

Haha, you had a zx2? that was what i sold b4 i bought my tahoe. pos went through 2 trannys. i guess the intake exhaust and tune were too much HP for that tranny.

newmarketEOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha yep, its too bad Ford through that trash transmission in there, it was a fun little car.

I sold my for $1000 bucks after loosing 2nd gear. I had some money wrapped in it but i was leaving for the Army and didn't need multiple cars.
Last time i checked it lost 3rd gear too and sits in a junkyard somewhere.