Turn Signal Mirrors for 08 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

str8304

Reaction score
I have an LT2 08 Tahoe but it does not have the power mirrors or mirrors with the turn signal in them. is it possible to get the mirrors with the turn signal in it from the dealer without the power folding option? if so, is it a plug and play type thing or would i have to do some wire splicing, etc? lastly, the mirrors with the folding option, are they plug and play on tahoes that are not equiped with them? thanks

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alot of members have but some have used other companies, mar900 is one of them who has.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget if you get the power folding ones, you'll need the switch on the armrest.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha dude I just showed you a $280 heated mirror kit from Muth that are plug and play. If you want folding mirrors its gonna take alot more time and money because not only will you need whole new mirror assemblies, but also new mirror switches and so on to operate them from the interior.

str8304

Reaction score
Haha dude I just showed you a $280 heated mirror kit from Muth that are plug and play. If you want folding mirrors its gonna take alot more time and money because not only will you need whole new mirror assemblies, but also new mirror switches and so on to operate them from the interior.
well yeah i gotcha...i just thought that all i needed was the 2 mirrors and the switch then i'd be good...guess not! I will worry about those once I get these 28s on my tahoe comfortably..thanks for your help though, i appreciate it.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think he gets the point of new mirrors and switch inside the Tahoe. I think he wants to know if all the wiring assembly is already in place so all he has to do is replace parts without pulling wire.

Not sure about that one myself. Sometimes the General will put the same wiring harness in regardless of the options on the unit and sometimes they don't. Maybe someone out there has done the conversion and will post and let you know. ;)

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the LT2, but my LS required a new door switch and plate. Turn signals, puddle lights, and power folding are bundled in the same mirror (DL3). Yes, they are plug and play. I got my two mirrors off of ebay for $100 + shipping.

After installing, the turn signals will work and the power folding and puddle lights will not. If you want the power folding feature along with the puddle lights, you will have to take to a dealer for the VCI code to unlock the DL3 features within the BCM and also the DDS and PDS.

Some dealers will do this other will not if the vehicle does not offer the DL3 option. The LS model does not offer that option so my local dealer would not reflash. I got around this by exchanging switches with hubby's Silverado LTZ, then took his truck in and the dealer reflashed his truck. Yes, they are the same switch.

I now have turn signals, puddle lights, and power fold.

str8304

Reaction score
I think he gets the point of new mirrors and switch inside the Tahoe. I think he wants to know if all the wiring assembly is already in place so all he has to do is replace parts without pulling wire.

Not sure about that one myself. Sometimes the General will put the same wiring harness in regardless of the options on the unit and sometimes they don't. Maybe someone out there has done the conversion and will post and let you know. ;)
Thanks, that is EXACTLY what I wanted to know.

norrislaketn

Reaction score
Yes it is plun n play but the memory need s to be flashed at the dealer if you want them to fold