Use paired iPhone as a music player too?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4, and have it paired with my Tahoe. But, what I want to know is, how can I also use it as a BT music player also. I could use my iPhone as a phone & as a music player. I would like to be able to do this in my Tahoe. Can you help! TIA!

tonymac617

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you say paired I assume your talking about bluetooth? As far as I know you cant, but I believe there may be an app or something you can use to do so.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know what app. I can use to pair (Yes, through BT.)to use my iPhone as a music player, as well as a phone?

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you need an app for this. Try plugging your iphone in through your USB port, either on your dash or console. To play your music, it does not use bluetooth. iphones must use the usb to play or stream music. The newest technology gm has is the mylink system, which will stream pandora and stitcher, but iphones must still utilize the usb port. Tahoes do not have this technology...yet.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I do not remember seeing a USB port. Where is it? Thank you so very much for your time!!

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a console, it will be inside back on the hinge side, about 4" down from the top towards the passenger side.

mephipps69

Reaction score
You can use your auxiliary port play music from your iphone. I think the question is will the stock bluetooth carry music as well as phone calls? Thats the big question. I know mine does not. I have a 2009 Tahoe. Are there any adapters that can be added that will carry music thru bluetooth?

Johnelle

Reaction score
music

I can't figure out before how to stream music through bluetooth, then I saw my friend using this viseoousa BT adapter in his car so I bought mine too. I have the WMA1000 plugs to any 30 pin iPod cable. I now enjoy wireless music, this works well.