Vapor canister

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poncherello

Reaction score
My 05 Tahoe engine light won't go off after I got the tighten fuel cap message. I have since replaced the cap and reset the light. Still comes back on. Could this be a vapor canister issue? If so, is there a purge valve on it or should I just replace it? My ECM scan always shows the fuel cap issue.

dye4metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you know what the code is? i was throwing a PO446 then a another for high tank pressure. i replaced so far the purge solenoid on the front intake manifold, gas cap, and tank pressure sensor. still got the check engine. im about to call it quits and take it somewhere

poncherello

Reaction score
do you know what the code is? i was throwing a PO446 then a another for high tank pressure. i replaced so far the purge solenoid on the front intake manifold, gas cap, and tank pressure sensor. still got the check engine. im about to call it quits and take it somewhere

My code is P0442