Vehicle sticker inside glovebox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TonyV

Reaction score
So I ordered a new glove box assembly to replace the one I had because it looked like the previous owner had some sort of self-adhesive device attached to it and it ruined the surface. The new one does not have the VIN number sticker with the parts code on it. Will I ever need this sticker for anything? Could the dealer or gm parts direct dot com, possibly order me a replacement?

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I ordered a new glove box assembly to replace the one I had because it looked like the previous owner had some sort of self-adhesive device attached to it and it ruined the surface. The new one does not have the VIN number sticker with the parts code on it. Will I ever need this sticker for anything? Could the dealer or gm parts direct dot com, possibly order me a replacement?

If nothing else, you could take a picture of the code sticker and keep a copy that way.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the sticker in the glove box just has the RPO codes on it - how much value it has is purely subjective. Personally, I'd keep a record of it. I'd just get a decent digital camera, take some nice clear pictures of the sticker, and save it on your computer. It's nice to have references like that from time to time, since the RPO codes can tell you pretty much exactly how your particular vehicle is equipped. Some people like having that info, and some don't care. Whether or not you'll ever "need it" is completely up to you.

812EnRoute

Reaction score
I would keep some kind of record of the sicker because like Yuke2K said it is the RPO codes on it. I went from working at a Toyota Dealership for a few years to a Chevy Dealership for only a year. Toyota did not require the computer to be reprogrammed after doing things such as radio replacement unlike Chevy needing you to reprogram the computer for everything. In the system we used to reprogram the cars it asked you a series of questions about the car and asked you to click on a specific RPO codes that the vehicle has.