Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08LTMike

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been eyeing the Viper 5902 for a while now. Now that i'm back in Indiana and it's freaking freezing the remote start feature would be nice.
Has anybody tried one of these out? I have some install experience(built a mac mini system into my center console) but not sure about all the parts I need and interface modules for the Viper. I have an 08 LT, does anybody know off the top of there head what all I would need?

The other option is the Pedders police package, what would you do with your money?

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two mods I had left to do was remote start and the Pedders Sport II package on my '08 LS. Due to the 8-degree weather in the mornings we've had lately, I opted for the Viper remote start first (local shop did the install). By the time temperatures warm up I will have the Pedders Sport II package installed.

By the way, love the Viper.

CplJasonB

Reaction score
i have this alarm installed to my 08 LS Tahoe. u obviously would need the alarm(550), BYPASS(150) and thats pretty much it..... but i went for more, i also have the window roll up and down module for another(150) which i DONT suggest you getting since after i bought it, the guy told me that GM doesnt recommend rolling down the windows with this alarm since it could fry the system? some crap like that, and i also have the Voice Module. as far as the alarm goes, I like it, main reason is cause of the remote start, it just gets annoying now, everytime i go to arm or disarm the truck, the alarm says "viper armed" or "viper disarmed". and i dont know how to turn it off haha.

08LTMike

Reaction score
So, I finally got a Viper 5902 system... mary900, if you don't mind how much did the install set you back? I'm trying to decide whether to take the time this weekend to research and install it or to just take it to the local shop. Online BestBuy says $200 for install that seems pretty high considering I only payed $368 for the unit. (Don't worry I would never take my car to BestBuy just trying to get a reference.)