VK3 License Plate Front Mounting Pkg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airbornedoc

Reaction score
This seems to be about an $850 package but I can't find out what it is. Does anyone on the forum know? Doc

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. From what I can tell VK3 is simply the front license plate mounting package that is forced onto vehicles being sent to States with that requirement. I think it's a couple of screws, and maybe a bracket for cars with a front fascia that doesn't readily accept the screws. I'd pay, oh, I don't know, about ZERO for that package, and when I order a car I tell them to throw it in the back (do not mount it) since they have to provide it. So who's charging $850 for 2 screws, anyway? Don't get screwed!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please tell us how you've arrived at this information.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VK3 is build code for the front plate package. On our vehicle that is not needed. You can just hand turn screws into the the dimples (Don't predrill!!!!)

airbornedoc

Reaction score
How did I get this info? I compared two locater sheets the salesman gave me and the only difference was this VK3, except for the MSRP difference of about $850.00.

Doc

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's really crazy. I'm thinking it's for like Vettes, and Camaros when they were still around. So not only the screws, but also the bracketry. I'd have a hard time shelling that out for it, but like I said, I think it's forced on you. So what car was it for?

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There has to be another difference. Package prices, delivery fees etc may change. Check elsewhere for the difference.