Water in my oil, help?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elliomcmh

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forum , and have a bit of a problem on my hands, any suggestions would be great. I have a 1998 GMC Yukon 4x4, 225,000 miles. I was headed back from a trip and noticed the oil pressure was kind of high (65 psi) and my engine temp was higher than normal (200 degrees). So I pulled over and checked my oil, and sure enough, It had water mixed with it, well past the full line on the dipstick. My Coolant is kind of a brownish color, but not like a sludge by any means. From what i can figure, my coolant is getting into my oil. My engine still runs fine, no noticeable smoke, but when i put water into the radiator, it gets into the oil. Blown Head??, Head Gasket??? Intake???? Any help would be awesome guys, thanks.

garborinofab

Reaction score
Water in Oil

You should first try tightening the intake manifold bolts and see if that cures the problem. I had the same issue and I thought a head gasket was the culprit. When I tore everything down the head gaskets were fine but you could see where water was getting past the intake manifold and entering the interior of the engine through the lifter valley.

mygreen98

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree, if thats not it, sounds like blown head gasket. good luck.

elliomcmh

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will give it a try this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Backon4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had this on my dads z71. Intake manifold gaskets. A couple hour job but nothing too complex