WeatherTech cargo liners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Hd

Reaction score
I have been lurking here for a bit and finally decided to create an account.

I recently bought an 08 Tahoe 3LT Z71 4x4 w/ black leather. I also bought a Husky Liner for the rear cargo area w/ 3rd row seats.

It was NOT what I expected at all. The seats would not install/latch correctly and the cut-outs once cut out looked awful. Needless t say I returned it.

I did a search and found several posts regarding the weathertech rear cargo mats. I came across this picture:
0AEBC4DD02E24E46A352FF87B8370422.jpg
and it looks much nicer than the Husky liner I had.

Can anyone kindly provide me some pics of their WeatherTech's in 07-08 tahoe w/ 3rd row cut outs?

Thanks guys!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Husky liner and I think it is better than the Weathertech (based on the pictures). It looks like the Weathertech exposes the OEM plastic seat guides; and in comparison, the Husky liner is molded to exactly fit over the guides. That feature saves a lot of potential nicks to the OEM plastic guide.

BTW, i have never had a problem installing the third row seats. Also, the pattern on the liner looks more rugged (good for Z71), the fitment was top notch, and the cutouts look the same (quality wise) as the above picture.

Mighty Hd

Reaction score
Just by looking @ the pictures, I think the weathertech has a better fit than the Husky.

The husky I had just didn't align correctly. The small triangle hooks didn't match the mat properly--the holes would have had to been cut into the side of the mat, and a few other minor fitment issues.

The mat also felt "thin". The weathertech should be here Monday/Tuesday & is hopefully what I"m looking for.

The only real downside is the third-row seat cut-outs..........

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta get one of those! Can anyone post pics of the Husky? So far, I still can't tell which one is better...

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does crap still slide all over the place with either of these mats (grocery bags, etc?)

Jeremy_K

Reaction score
does crap still slide all over the place with either of these mats (grocery bags, etc?)

Yes it does. I don't see the point in cutting holes in something that's designed to catch spills and soils. I have the weather tech liner but decided not to cut it so I can throw firewood in the back or my dog and not have to worry about a mess. If I use the third row (rarely) I just take the liner out. I like the weather tech though, it's very durable and has nice high sides. Stuff still slides around though which drives me nuts.

misonido

Reaction score
Yes it does. I don't see the point in cutting holes in something that's designed to catch spills and soils. I have the weather tech liner but decided not to cut it so I can throw firewood in the back or my dog and not have to worry about a mess. If I use the third row (rarely) I just take the liner out. I like the weather tech though, it's very durable and has nice high sides. Stuff still slides around though which drives me nuts.

I do the same thing with the third seats and weathertech, in my LTZ it was more a factor of me being lazy and not wanting to cut the liner I just bought! I liked them so much that I kept them and put them in the Escalade. Yes the second row liner between the LTZ and the Escalade are not the exact same fitment, but will work.

As for the sliding of items if you go buy that cabinet/drawer liner stuff that is pourous and spongey (sorry that's the best I can describe it) and put a piece under the items you are carrying things will not shift. Just a warning if you do not tie your plastic grocery bags at the top the bags won't move but the items will roll out...

Last edited:

07SuburbanLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Weathertech in my suburban and picked them on looks alone. I think the Husky is more for an F350 work truck and not a sweet truck like the hoe or burb.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just by looking @ the pictures, I think the weathertech has a better fit than the Husky.

The husky I had just didn't align correctly. The small triangle hooks didn't match the mat properly--the holes would have had to been cut into the side of the mat, and a few other minor fitment issues.

The mat also felt "thin". The weathertech should be here Monday/Tuesday & is hopefully what I"m looking for.

The only real downside is the third-row seat cut-outs..........

Sounds like you got a bad one. Mine fits perfectly. It seems like their QA is not very good. I would have done the same thing if it did not fit right.

I can't tell by the pictures, but the Husky liner has two places that store spilled fluid.

Since I have the more rugged looking Z71 package, I like the 'diamond plate' like pattern of the Husky. The Weathertech would look better on the LTZ. I will try to get a picture of the Husky this week. It is pretty beat up since I use the Tahoe a lot for camping, shooting, and road trips. I also take our 140 lb Greater Swiss Mountain dog on trips...