Well...I guess I'm technically new here, too!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeez. After reading 2001Yuke's intro, I looked back at all of my previous posts, and realized that I just kinda have been lurking and commenting here and there for over a year, and never really bothered to introduce myself.

So, my name is JB, and I'm an addict.

*Hi JB*

I live in Castle Rock, CO, with my wife and two little boys, one is 2 1/2 and the other is just shy of 6 months. I'm a patrol sergeant for Castle Pines Emergency Services...but don't let that fool you, I'm not the fatass donut eating type. :lol: I love what I do, and I love having a positive influence on the community where I work. I'm a NRA certified law enforcement firearms instructor, OC Spray instructor, field training officer...you name it. I'm working on talking the Chief into sending me to a Krav Maga instructor course, which would be awesome. On the side, I'm trying to open up a police supply store and shooting range here in the 'Rock. I'm particularly fond of the second amendment, and dislike liberal bureaucratic f**kheads that think gun control is a good idea (yes, even doing what I do for a living, I feel that the general populous should be able to own and enjoy guns) . Thats a whoooooole other debate though...not gonna light that fire right now. :D

Going back to that addiction...I grow more and more addicted to my truck every day! It's a 2000 GMC Yukon SLE 5.3 4x4. I bought it in January of last year with 84K miles on it, so I'm approaching 18 months of ownership. It's got 97K on it now, and those miles have been flawless. New battery and some general maintenance, but thats it. That truck has taken my family from Denver to Ohio to California...with nary a hiccup.

I found it at a Subaru dealership, as funny as that is. Paid just under 13K for it, and opted to get a 3 year/30K mile warranty for $2000 extra. So far, I'm regretting spending the extra dough on the warranty because the truck has been so damn good to me! It's got a little piston slap when it's cold, but other than that it really is the best vehicle I've ever owned. It's bone stock, but I'm considering a mild body lift (2" maybe) and some Nitto Terra Grapplers when the tires on it now wear out. Probably later this year.

Anyway, this is long enough as it is. Glad to be out of the shadows and actually participating in some discussions now. This is a great forum.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome.gif
to the forums :) :smilielol:

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of the closet

The signs of addiction are,
1) Reading old Posts late at night
2) Worn Credit Cards
3) Magazines
4) Future dates circled on the calender for getting mods

I to am addicted, but its cool. I have a "00" Yuke SLT but you wouldn't know it know.

I have a lot of friends from the local Punishers M.C. club. Most are in Mertyle Beach for the week.

Good Luck on your Mods

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The signs of addiction are,
1) Reading old Posts late at night
2) Worn Credit Cards
3) Magazines
4) Future dates circled on the calender for getting mods

#4 is the only one that I don't do, simply because I can't get away with it. My mods have to be stealthy to get past the wifey...which is why I don't have any yet! :lol:

She does most of the finances, so when an unexpected charge comes up I usually get grilled. Time to get a new credit card that she doesn't know about, I guess...

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, welcome. The mods will come slowly but surely. I' doing my audio first, since I had my radio and amps already.just had to buy some wire and component sets. Tinted the windows already and changed out the rear lights to LED lights. I need some rims, but who knows when that will be.

greengumby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
#4 is the only one that I don't do, simply because I can't get away with it. My mods have to be stealthy to get past the wifey...which is why I don't have any yet! :lol:

She does most of the finances, so when an unexpected charge comes up I usually get grilled. Time to get a new credit card that she doesn't know about, I guess...

Explain to your financial dept that some of the mods can be for safety or saving gas mileage..anything that involves saving money there all for it..if it's cosmetic then its harder .....you gotta resort to the extra new credit card and a PO box so the bill doesnt come to the home or have it sent to your work address ..good luck :)

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade started a trend, it went from him to me and now we have another Yuke introducing himself to those among the MA (Modifications Anonymous). Well welcome, I guess, you have been here longer than I have. But welcome. PS the only sign I am not showing (yet) is number 1.

burbanman03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yuke2k

welcome to the forums and let me say this

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR YOUR COMM. AND THE REST OF THE US I REALLY HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR OUR LAW ENFORCEMENT IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY SO AGAIN THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO!

BTW GUN CONTROL IS A BUNCH OF LIBERAL BS!

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My addiction is growing too. It'll be cheaper than my Class III firearm collecting...

IMG_6548.jpg

:cool2:

(No I don't drive around like that...I took the pic for a post on another board...)

And obviously I agree on your 2nd Amendment point ;)

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a sweet picture. I should take one with my "collection" :). Everyone thinks I'm a psycho when I tell them about all of the guns that I have, I really don't think I have enough.

An AK would be badass though. My Dad HAD and SKS with Composite Stock and a couple of 30 Round Banana Clips. THAT THING WAS FUN. The bastard sold it without telling me!!

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a sweet picture. I should take one with my "collection" :). Everyone thinks I'm a psycho when I tell them about all of the guns that I have, I really don't think I have enough.

An AK would be badass though. My Dad HAD and SKS with Composite Stock and a couple of 30 Round Banana Clips. THAT THING WAS FUN. The bastard sold it without telling me!!

Yeah, I get that sometimes...

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forums and let me say this

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR YOUR COMM. AND THE REST OF THE US I REALLY HAVE A LOT OF RESPECT FOR OUR LAW ENFORCEMENT IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY SO AGAIN THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU DO!

BTW GUN CONTROL IS A BUNCH OF LIBERAL BS!

Thanks for that, bro. I appreciate it.

And Mr45, that's one awesome pic! Your interior is exactly the same as mine, too (I guess that's not too uncommon around here though, lol). A good friend of mine finally got his form 4 and a M11/9, his first F/A. That thing is one serious bullet spraying machine with the Lage bolt he put in it.

I'm not going the NFA route quite yet with anything full-auto, as it's just too damn expensive for me right now, lol. However, I am in the process of building my first AR15, which has been a great deal of fun. My second build will be a supressed SBR though...I'm thinking something along the lines of a 11.5" barrel and a gemtech can, but I'm not sure yet.

Back to the truck though, it's pewter...at least I think thats what it is. Not gold, not silver. Somewhere in between. I'm actually quite happy with it the way it is, but down the road I'll probably throw an intake and tune on it, and maybe a flowmaster 50 or magnaflow muffler to free up the exhaust and add a little sound. The altitude up here is killing me...I grew up in Ohio, so everything seems really anemic up here with the lack of oxygen. Anything to get my truck breathing better would probably be a good thing. I had never seen 85 octane gas before moving here, either. 87 octane is regular unleaded in Ohio...here, it's midgrade. :cuss:

Anyone have suggestions for a tune, though? Do we have any supporting vendors that do custom tunes based on your mods?

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13021442378.jpg

This is my favorite gun...So far. Glock 19 with 32 Round Clip (can fit 35), TopGlock Channel Plug and Streamlight Laser and LED Flashlight Combo. I have only put about 800 Rounds through it. Really fun, and really accurate.

Keep it loaded with 15 Federal 135 Grain Hollow-Point Hydrashocks... I wouldn't break into my house :).

Last edited:

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13021442378.jpg

This is my favorite gun...So far. Glock 19 with 32 Round Clip (can fit 35), TopGlock Channel Plug and Streamlight Laser and LED Flashlight Combo. I have only put about 800 Rounds through it. Really fun, and really accurate.

Keep it loaded with 15 Federal 135 Grain Hollow-Point Hydrashocks... I wouldn't break into my house :).

Nice! I'm a Glock certified armorer, and have a Glock 22 loaded with 180 grain Speer Gold Dot JHPs. It also has a channel plug from Glockmeister, as well as a polished/tuned Ghost Rocket 3.5# connector and a serrated trigger/polished trigger bar. It still has the stock trigger spring and firing pin spring, so I'd estimate the trigger pull comes in at roughly 4 pounds even. Safe to carry, but with aftermarket parts in it, it remains my home defense/SHTF gun as opposed to a duty weapon. I hate this lawsuit-happy society we all live in nowadays.

I carry my trusty W. German Sig P226 9mm at work. We also use Federal Hydra-Shoks, but in the 147 grain flavor for 9mm.

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, it was a toss up between the Sig and the Glock when I was buying it. You see what side I fell on.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glocks....If you guys would only wake up and pick up the 1911s...

Kimber.jpg

My daily carry gun. 100% reliable and more accurate than I could ever be.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, lemme tell ya...if my department authorized .45ACP, I'd be packing a 1911 in a heartbeat. We're only allow 9mm and .40 right now, but there is a big movement with the patrol guys to try and get .45 approved again. F**king bean counters...all they care about is how much it costs, not how well it works.

I'd trade both my Sig and my Glock for a Kimber TLE/RL II with a few custom shop mods.

Actually, no, I wouldn't. I can't wrap my head around getting rid of a gun for any reason, as long as it works. Gotta stock up on firearms, with the impending zombie invasion and all... :smilielol:

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glocks....If you guys would only wake up and pick up the 1911s...

Oh, Mr45, I hear ya! That Kimber is SWEET!!!! Personally, I'm a Para-Ordinance fan. Gotta love those double stacks!!

Dan, lemme tell ya...if my department authorized .45ACP, I'd be packing a 1911 in a heartbeat. We're only allow 9mm and .40 right now, but there is a big movement with the patrol guys to try and get .45 approved again. F**king bean counters...all they care about is how much it costs, not how well it works.

Yuke, you know you can get .40's in a 1911, right?

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, Mr45, I hear ya! That Kimber is SWEET!!!! Personally, I'm a Para-Ordinance fan. Gotta love those double stacks!!

Yuke, you know you can get .40's in a 1911, right?

I have a Comped Entreprise "race" 1911, doublestack. Too big for my hands... :/

I'd stick with a 1911 in .45ACP. It's what it's designed for. After all, 45ACP is the round of choice of our good Lord. LOL
Although I'd make an exception for a 10mm

BTW, one hell of a thread Hijack, eh!? :lol: