Well...I guess I'm technically new here, too!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scares the sh*t out of me knowing there are people that want to use deadly force, I never hope I have to fire any of my weapons at anything other than paper or pheasant.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scares the sh*t out of me knowing there are people that want to use deadly force, I never hope I have to fire any of my weapons at anything other than paper or pheasant.

Yup. I dread the day I have to draw and use deadly force.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. I dread the day I have to draw and use deadly force.

Absolutely, even if the shoot is completed justified (ie, the "make my day" law here in CO), it still scares the living snot out of me. You can get off scott free on the criminal side of things, and still get taken for all you're worth in civil court by the other person's family.

Bad, bad juju.

Boost, I keep my M500 loaded with 00 buck, with three more 00 buck and three 1oz SuperX slugs on the sidesaddle. I've actually just ordered a case of the less than lethal rounds though (orange rubber 00 buck), especially considering the highly populated townhome complex where we live, which is loaded with kids 7 years and under. God forbid it ever came down to it, but 00 buck or a foster slug would slice through this place like butter. I pray that never happens. This is a good neighborhood, but anything is possible.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's an excellent website with tests done by a member of another board I frequent, it's called http://www.theboxotruth.com/, and it shows what different kinds of rounds do to different materials.

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shameless bump....
On_Target.jpg

Me firing my suppressed, ACOG-ed 11.5" AR with .22LR conversion installed.

Here kitty kitty......

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a payraise dammit, I can't wait to get a can on my .22 so I can fill the backyard full of squirrel carcasses.

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need a payraise dammit, I can't wait to get a can on my .22 so I can fill the backyard full of squirrel carcasses.

Isn't the Denver AWB still in place, despite the sunset of the federal AWB?

Or does that not include suppressors and whatnot?

And Dan, thats an awesome pic. I can't wait until I can afford the toys...technically I could do it now, but saving up for a down payment on a house is more important than toys. All in due time...all in due time.

I don't care if Klinton or Osama gets elected, it will be a while before any kind of AWB gets passed and put back into place, if ever. Plus, they won't get nearly as much support as they did back in 1994, so they have their work cut out for them if they try to pull that kind of crap again.

I hope I'm right... *clutches NRA membership card*

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does this thread have to do with I'm technically new here too?:skep: :skep: :skep:

We got a little off track toward the end of page 1....:smilielol:

I tried to get it back to my truck a time or two, but I guess talking about guns for a change is way too much fun. ;)

Mr45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_5807.jpg

AR15 W/ .22LR Conversion kit.

Don't have a group pic, like you guys...

2001Yuke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many rounds does that .22 LR Carry?? I have been thinking about getting the .22 Conversion for my Glock for target shooting. You can buy that stuff SOOOOO cheap. 9mm rounds are $18 per 100 where as a .22 is only like $2.50 per 100.