Were Limited slips or lockers offered in Non Z-71's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goat364

Reaction score
-I'm looking to buy a 1996-2005 Tahoe or Yukon and really want a Z-71, but they tend to be more expensive.
-The main reason I want a Z-71 is because of the locker or limited slip in the rear.
-I was wondering if non Z-71 equipped trucks came from the factory with some type of LSD or locker?
-If so how would I tell this when looking at trucks on car lots with out doing burnouts or jacking up the rear wheels?

Thanks!

Last edited:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welome to the Tahoe Forum.

Check the RPO list in the glove box for G80. Z71 package includes the locking rear axle.

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LTZ came with it, but that may be too pricey as well; I know I've seen lower models with it, so as mentioned keep an eye out for the G80.

goat364

Reaction score
Thanks! I forgot to specify that I'm looking at 96-05 Tahoes. The G80 is sweet though. My moms '07 Z-71 Coly has it.

goat364

Reaction score
Yep, Captaintom98, you're right, but G80 is also the street term for the Eaton Mechanical Locking Differential that GM uses in their trucks.