What have you done to your Tahoe lately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This week I had mud flaps installed, as well as window vent visors. I also ordered HID's from dealer; the high beams AND the fog lights. I am stoked! I LOVE my Tahoe!! What have you done to you your truck lately?

Tonaaayyyy

Reaction score
Plasti-dipping as we speak. Debadged some emblems 2 weeks ago. Hoping to add HID's this weekend if time permits.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the HID's installed today!! WAHOOOO!! I LOVE HID's. Once you drive with them, it is hard to NOT have them. It is good to be driving with HID's again. YES, I am THAT excited about it!!

I am also very happy with the Bow Tie mud flaps & in-channle vent visors.

Tonaaayyyy

Reaction score
Did you install them yourself?

I tried to but is there an easy way?

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I didn't install them myself. I ordered them from my local Chevy dealer & had them install them.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I can afford to, I want to do wheel & tires next.
I also plan on putting a Viper 2 way alarm system in my rig. That will more than likely get done before my wheels & tires.

Last edited:

BigWheelinBubba

Reaction score
In the past two months i've done an alternator, waterpump, belt, fuel filter, synthetic oil change (Amsoil), transmission filter and new fluid, new 285/70/17 BFG All Terrains on 2004 Escalade wheels, and HID's (5000k).
This is on my black 2001 Tahoe LT with 245k miles on it that looks and drives like it has 100k. :D

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also want to make all the interior lighting LED. I had that done in my last truck, and really loved it.

layne

Reaction score
grill

working on something. Will post pics in a few days.

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just switched out the stock Goodyear Wrangler HP's (hated these tires.), for some BFG Rugged Terrain's. I had Rugged Terrain's on another truck I had. I love 'em. I wanted to get some new tires before the snow flies!! It is supposed to snow tomorrow.

Guardian

Reaction score
I just bought my 2012 Tahoe LTZ on 25 Oct. I'm getting the dealer to install mud guards/flaps all the way around as well as a hood and window deflectors on all windows. I'm too lazy to do all this myself. I just want to drive my sweet new machine!

I might do a grille guard later and a Viper alarm system is interesting. I might look into that.

http://www.tahoeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6221&stc=1&d=1351453161

Attachments

• 2012 Front A.jpg
    2012 Front A.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 25

20Tahoe12LT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my 2012 Tahoe LTZ on 25 Oct. I'm getting the dealer to install mud guards/flaps all the way around as well as a hood and window deflectors on all windows. I'm too lazy to do all this myself. I just want to drive my sweet new machine!

I might do a grille guard later and a Viper alarm system is interesting. I might look into that.

http://www.tahoeforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6221&stc=1&d=1351453161
That is a great looking truck!! Congrats!!

I love the Viper alarm systems. I intend to get a Viper for my Tahoe as well.

BigWheelinBubba

Reaction score
Well, in the last few months i've installed white LED's in my courtesy lights in all 4 doors, license plate lamps, and under dash. It makes things a lot easier to see! Got 10 of them on Ebay for $10. :D

Also added some Depot projector headlight assemblies. What a difference when you can focus the HIDs!

AnthonyP

Reaction score
I recently debadged the read right barn door I have a 98 LT K body, I'm looking at 20" avalanche wheels and tires soon, Im also hoping to get my hands on a new hood my clear coat is peeling badly and it needs to be replaced