What is a "Corporate Fleet" Vehicle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Z71 is already loaded down with miles and I'm looking at trading it for a 2009 Yukon SLT with 19k. That's pretty high mileage for a 2009 and it's labeled on Carfax as a "Corporate Fleet" but the price is right. What would be considered a corp fleet vehicle?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Z71 is already loaded down with miles and I'm looking at trading it for a 2009 Yukon SLT with 19k. That's pretty high mileage for a 2009 and it's labeled on Carfax as a "Corporate Fleet" but the price is right. What would be considered a corp fleet vehicle?

I think its good deal compared to your Z71 with 70k miles and the problems your having (seen in other threads).
A corporate fleet is a car used by and Agency/Business as they're car for certain uses ranging from car dealerships to rental agencies and so on. But talso it being a corporate cars means it probably wasn't abused!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its like the s-10's were selling. We used them for work. Just keep in mind, we beat ours to hell. worse than a rental car. I guess its when they bought a bunch of them. Just bought 09 chevy colorado sports (so we could get the 5.3 liter) for the shop at a fleet price of 21k a piece. Ours have no onstar, and are stripped as can be. But were real excited about the 5.3. So a fleet may also be stripped of some features that are usually standard.

If its in good shape and good price, jump on it. It may also be a dealer demo and thats just what carfax is calling it. But if the price is really far below what it should be, it may have somthing hidden.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's loaded, it has autoride, nav, second and third row buckets, and sunroof. The only drawbacks are that it's 4x4 and it has black interior. Thanks for the input I just didn't know what all these corporate fleet vehicles were. I'll just wait and see what the diagnosis is on the Z71, I need to just scrap it if its major repairs. I can't afford to be driving something unreliable being on the road this much. If it is major trouble, it's going to be the first time in 4 Tahoes that any one of them has needed major work and this one has been trouble free thus far, pretty good I'd say.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's loaded, it has autoride, nav, second and third row buckets, and sunroof. The only drawbacks are that it's 4x4 and it has black interior. Thanks for the input I just didn't know what all these corporate fleet vehicles were. I'll just wait and see what the diagnosis is on the Z71, I need to just scrap it if its major repairs. I can't afford to be driving something unreliable being on the road this much. If it is major trouble, it's going to be the first time in 4 Tahoes that any one of them has needed major work and this one has been trouble free thus far, pretty good I'd say.

In my honest opinion I would skip going used with how much driving you do. Get somthing new to start fresh in with 6 miles, that you know how it was taken care of and you know how it was broken in or treated. IMO of course. Or buy a car and drive the escalade. IDK that would be my truck if I drove around as much as you. The deals are out there, Go get an 08 left over with no miles for 30k and be happy. But if your gung ho on an 09, this one does not seem like a bad thing.

But One thing, I dont think third row buckets were available on the 09 model, Are you SURE its an 09???

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tahoe was listed as a corporate fleet vehicle. It was in pretty good condition menchanical wise. The only thing that went wrong with it (I bought it with 198,000 miles) was I had to replace the radiator and that cost me $150. It now has 210,000 miles on it and no real complaints.

My company uses "fleet vehicle" and I can tell you that atleast my company takes VERY good care of them.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tahoe was listed as a corporate fleet vehicle. It was in pretty good condition menchanical wise. The only thing that went wrong with it (I bought it with 198,000 miles) was I had to replace the radiator and that cost me $150. It now has 210,000 miles on it and no real complaints.

My company uses "fleet vehicle" and I can tell you that atleast my company takes VERY good care of them.

It depends on what the company is. WE deal with anything to do with houses (except inspections and pools) so that means building , well taking building supplys on non paved roads and they get beat to hell. But if you do somthing different, I can see taking care of it. But I also dont know what they do to them when Im not there, for all I know they mess around in the mud!!! or drag race. LOL

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my honest opinion I would skip going used with how much driving you do. Get somthing new to start fresh in with 6 miles, that you know how it was taken care of and you know how it was broken in or treated. IMO of course. Or buy a car and drive the escalade. IDK that would be my truck if I drove around as much as you. The deals are out there, Go get an 08 left over with no miles for 30k and be happy. But if your gung ho on an 09, this one does not seem like a bad thing.

But One thing, I dont think third row buckets were available on the 09 model, Are you SURE its an 09???

It's an '08 that was a typo. I called the seller today and he says it was registered to Wachovia and was probably used by one of their traveling corporate workers (which would explain the mileage). I had to get rid of the Escalade a few months ago, my wife flipped when she found out what the payments on it were, plus insurance, plus garage space for it just to be sitting there 6 days a week. It was the practical thing to do with the economy going down hill.

I'm just checking out my options, all of this depends on what is wrong with the Z. My gut is that its going to be a major repair between the low oil pressure, engine power reduced, and service brake system messages I'm getting. If it's nothing major I'll hang on to it a few more months and see what happens with GM :mpr:.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's an '08 that was a typo. I called the seller today and he says it was registered to Wachovia and was probably used by one of their traveling corporate workers (which would explain the mileage). I had to get rid of the Escalade a few months ago, my wife flipped when she found out what the payments on it were, plus insurance, plus garage space for it just to be sitting there 6 days a week. It was the practical thing to do with the economy going down hill.

I'm just checking out my options, all of this depends on what is wrong with the Z. My gut is that its going to be a major repair between the low oil pressure, engine power reduced, and service brake system messages I'm getting. If it's nothing major I'll hang on to it a few more months and see what happens with GM :mpr:.

Ok, he drives like you, I doubt a banker is going to beat up on a vehicle that much. LOl to bad on the esky. But it seems like a good deal. IMO whats wrong with your how should be on the powertrain warrenty. But your also going to get rock bottom on a trade with that crap messed up.

While were on the subject, how is your 04 doing, I bet trouble free LOL.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, he drives like you, I doubt a banker is going to beat up on a vehicle that much. LOl to bad on the esky. But it seems like a good deal. IMO whats wrong with your how should be on the powertrain warrenty. But your also going to get rock bottom on a trade with that crap messed up.

While were on the subject, how is your 04 doing, I bet trouble free LOL.

I won't trade it in at the dealer that I'm having repair whatever is wrong with it. If it's bad when I trade it I'll act like its been a great truck, which it has until this week!

I haven't had any trouble with it lately and its been driven a fair amount between the two of us this fall. I may be driving it for a little while again now. Its nice to have it as a backup.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK if there is more computer crap in the 900's or if they took lazy days, but my 07 has had more issues in the last 4 months than all of my other trucks combined, my silverado needed a new tranny but got a built 4l60E and im good to go. I knew it was comming, slipped from 1-2 and took 5 seconds to shift from reverse to drive, but its a fantastic truck now, no issues, seats are more comfortable and I have more leg room. I still like the yukon, but im just kinda surprised, It may be how I treat it too, but I treated my 06 the same and it took it like a champ. Same with my 03. 07 It cries. :lol: But the dealer fixed it all and it seems to be fine now and has been for about 5k miles, just got a synthetic oil change and it runs great, still wish I had kept my 06 insted of trading it. 16k was worth more to me than the dealer. But it worked how it should have.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are usually vehicles that have been used by an individual as a company car. Most companys do not own the vehicles they use as their company car. It was most likely purchased by GE Leasing and then leased to a company to be used as a company car.

What dealership is it at?

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on what the company is. WE deal with anything to do with houses (except inspections and pools) so that means building , well taking building supplys on non paved roads and they get beat to hell. But if you do somthing different, I can see taking care of it. But I also dont know what they do to them when Im not there, for all I know they mess around in the mud!!! or drag race. LOL

Yea, I'll definitely agree with you on that. I wish I could tell which company owned mine. It would be interesting to know.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are usually vehicles that have been used by an individual as a company car. Most companys do not own the vehicles they use as their company car. It was most likely purchased by GE Leasing and then leased to a company to be used as a company car.

That would be nice if your company would supply you with a Yukon company car my options have been base Impalas, Tauruses or similar. Automax of Ocala.

Still no word on the Z.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be nice if your company would supply you with a Yukon company car my options have been base Impalas, Tauruses or similar. Automax of Ocala.

Still no word on the Z.

they expect you to travel in one of those??? The Impalas are nice, smoothest car I have ever been in, But base model cloth seats for traveling 1000's of miles a week. LOL I dont think so.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The only thing I see at CB is that maroon SLT with 5100 miles. Looks perfect but the color isn't for me at all.

Do you happen to know if there is anything that hasn't hit the web page yet?

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just checked my voice mail and the service department left me a message saying the engine problems are coming from a failing oil pump and a possible bad head gasket because the coolant was very low while the oil level was very high. The lack of brake power is most likely coming from a bad master cylinder, if replacing the master cylinder produces no better performance they will proceed to replace the brake lines. He went on to explain that my transmission fluid was a quart low and that while it could just be a result of a bad seal they need to pressurize the system to check for a more significant problem.

Wow. Are those serious repairs?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a word, YES. Did they check for coolant in the oil? Sounds like that's what may have happend since the coolant was low and oil was high. If that's what happened, then you're probably looking at a complete engine ovhl since the bearings are probably damaged.

Do the 2003 use the Hydro Power Brakes where they use pressure from the PS pump to provide the assist instead of vacuum? If so, then it might be in that part of the system instead of the master cylinder.

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In a word, YES. Did they check for coolant in the oil? Sounds like that's what may have happend since the coolant was low and oil was high. If that's what happened, then you're probably looking at a complete engine ovhl since the bearings are probably damaged.

He didnt say but I would assume that they did. All he said was that the oil should be low considering the mileage of the truck and that it had been 7300 miles on the oil change (I go by the DIC on this truck) but it was far over the fill mark while the coolant was almost dry.

If it does come to that, thank god for this power train warranty :nonod:.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude, wth have you been doing to that thing???? My silverado just turned 70k and the pressure test showed 115psi for all of them, now my tranny was shot, but a built new one and im good to go. But man, I would dump that thing faster than a speeding bullet.

also if they do find coolant in the oil. DONT LET THEM REBUILD!!!!! DEMAND A REPLACEMENT ENGINE!!!!! rebuilds almost never run as well as when they were new. You may get a guy who knows what he is doing, but dont take the chance, demand a replacement vortec.