Votes: 39 36.1%
  • Screaming spouse

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • None, I dont have nave yet

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • None I don't need it.

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i find my way with the factory gps, i only need it as i go to alot of different houses in areas im not familier with. and yes also to stop the screaming GF.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We use the TomTom for trips, it sits just above the dash right in front of me and is completely below the hood line. Beats 2k added to the price!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i said the same thing till i got one. i said to my self im only gunna get the factory nav if it comes with it. well now i will never buy another vehicle with out it. I LOVE IT.

Even if I wanted a built-in one I wouldn't want to pay that much for it. You can get a better aftermarket nav HU for half that price. For me though I use navigation on a very rare basis, and for those instances I have my $125 TomTom. But to each his own.:thumbsup:

Edit: Also, I think it is safer to not have to take your eyes off the road as much with a windshield mounted unit.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the built in look, and with a factory nav it all works with the rest of the vehicle, no messing with adapters and loosing things and crud.

with my built in i never have to take my eyes off the road. it talks to me and i talk to it.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where I live if the unit wasn't built in it would be stolen within a day or two.
Also, I prefer the much larger screen than the hand held units.

akim47

Reaction score
factory nav is cool b/c of the integration. although the garmin works 10000% better. the only saving grace is that i can have a movie on while driving thanks to the lockpick...

CobraKai

Reaction score
I have the factory Nav -I prefer a stock look, and I hate having things mounted on the dash/windshield. Plus, it's integrated with the rest of the features, and it's voice-activated - I never have to take my eyes off the road.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory Nav -I prefer a stock look, and I hate having things mounted on the dash/windshield. Plus, it's integrated with the rest of the features, and it's voice-activated - I never have to take my eyes off the road.

How is the stock nav unit voice activated?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
push the talking guy and say RADIO 97.3. or push the talking guy NAV to Bla bla address. or to this intersection. or XM CHANNEL 11. it does it. and so on. works great.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
In-dash Pioneer Avic-D3. Great nav system features and options not available on portable units. Plus I like the larger size and being able to integrate it into the dash.

KSEngineer

Reaction score
I run a garmin nuvi 760 and LOVE it in an 08 LT3. Mounted on the dash under the rear mirror. It has built in blue tooth hands free and I have the sound run into the mp3 jack so people's voices calling play over the factory speakers.

I run this in protest to the force fed Verison ONSTAR Scam and $2000 Nav upgrade. (I use AT&T)

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I run a garmin nuvi 760 and LOVE it in an 08 LT3. Mounted on the dash under the rear mirror. It has built in blue tooth hands free and I have the sound run into the mp3 jack so people's voices calling play over the factory speakers.

I run this in protest to the force fed Verison ONSTAR Scam and $2000 Nav upgrade. (I use AT&T)

I don't think the factory nave is worth $2000 so I opted not to get it and I really don't regret it.