Votes: 39 36.1%
  • Screaming spouse

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • None, I dont have nave yet

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • None I don't need it.

Votes: 8 7.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_Yukonator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use my Garmin Nuvi 350. It does the same thing as the factory unit without having to spend 2k.

07TahoeNC

Reaction score
My 07 tahoe is the first vehicle I have bought with factory nav. I bought more for the look and I really liked the use of a touchscreen for the audio. With that being said my Garmin C550 that I bought to use in my company car is 100% more accurate and easier to use than the factory unit. I have not broke down and used the Garmin in my tahoe because it seems ridiculous to me to have two nav units in the same vehicle. Maybe I will like the factory nav a little better once I get a lockpic. Not being able to use the factory nav while driving is my biggest complaint. It also appears that the software that GM uses is not nearly as good as what toyota or some of the other foreign manufacturers use.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the Factory Nav. But any Nav will do as long as ya dont have to hear:
"stop and ask for directions"..

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i admit the factory nav is not the greatest but it works, and i love the intagration with the rest of the truck.

but to tell you the truth, i keep my tomtom in the glove box, just in case. :D :inc:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This makes me glad I didn't spend $3000 when we got out Tahoe.

i would still get a nav on a new one, but would get the lock pic. its very frustrating to pull over in to the sholder and assert your self back in just to get directions. so i throw the tomtom over to the pasenger and tell him/her to punch in the stuff.

if gm was smart they would unlock the system if the person was big enough to turn on the airbag.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If gm was smart there are a lot of things they would do.
But they wont/dont do them, therefore they are not smart.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If gm was smart there are a lot of things they would do.
But they wont/dont do them, therefore they are not smart.

personally i think they do a preety good job of pleasing the general public. there are gunna be nitpics and people who down right dont like tahoes. but alot (tons) of people do. when i drive down the street i see ten tahoes and no expeditions and one honda or toyota suv. :cool:

the 09 hoe is gunna be sweet though.

xm real time traffic
6.2 liter engine
6 speed tranny
bluetooth
cooled front (and i think rear) seats
by then they should have the pal and advanced 2 way remote start system out too.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've had factory nav in most of my cars the past few years until i got my tahoe. i just never use the factory nav, they all suck IMHO. I like my tomtom way better than any built in nav system that i've had.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've had factory nav in most of my cars the past few years until i got my tahoe. i just never use the factory nav, they all suck IMHO. I like my tomtom way better than any built in nav system that i've had.

The tomtom is a great gps, and cheap too, mine only cost about 200 and i love how i can connect my phone wirelessly and get live traffic through it. or talk, just like bluetooth only better (it may be bluetooth anyway, im not sure) o yea and the sexy lady that talks to me :)lol:)

hey big boy, turn left in 300 ft ( I LOVE THAT )

bigjherms

Reaction score
Pioneer Z2

I just got the Pioneer Z2 installed with iPod and bluetooth. I love it. I was skeptical about the voice recognition functionality for the navigation, but it was pretty impressive.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have the Garmin Nuvi for the Tahoe. Works perfectly. Factory nav in our Lexus works perfectly as well. Like others have said, will not buy another vehicle without nav being in it.

SSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a Tomtom One Third edition and I LOVE it. Works great and was only $170. Now I can get lost in the Poconos this year :thumbsup:

gt9450

Reaction score
Onstar Turn by turn

I payed the extra $99 for the onstar turn by turn must say i love it just hit the onstar buttom tell the the address they just download it to your truck.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I payed the extra $99 for the onstar turn by turn must say i love it just hit the onstar buttom tell the the address they just download it to your truck.

while thats a great service, 2 things i dont like.

1. its patchy service for directions. while nav is nation wide.

2. it hurts my man hood, as its too much like asking for directions. :( :crazy: :lol:

seancucf

Reaction score
if I ever have to use a GPS, the nod goes to my handheld Garmin.

Only ever had to use it once on, long trip to unfamiliar city. Even the best GPS has accuracy issues to exact addresses. They really only get you to general areas.

scooterpie555

Reaction score
Yeah factory nav here too. Had it 2 vehicles ago, last vehicle didn't have it and i missed it tremendously, so i said when i bought another vehicle it will have it, and now I'm in love again and happy. But the funny part is I'm a stay at home dad and maybe put 100 miles a month on my car and have no need to go anywhere, except to the occasional wedding or road trip, and i know where we're going, but still fun to see how many more miles, how much longer, so the wife doesn't ask every 10 minutes,.. "Now how much longer?", I just point to the screen...