What products do YOU use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NO!!!

that was mean :( :cuss: :p

:lol: although i discovered i had the begining of strep throat when i went to the doctor, because i did feel wierd after i treated the windows, so thanks to you i got pills before it got bad. :D

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup I use Meguiars Spray Wax, after applying and wiping it with a fiber cloth, it turns out great.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wash: Straight water, no soap.
Wax: Zymol HD cleanser applied by PC and Concourse Carnuba applied by bare fingers.
Interior: Mix of all natural oils.

So do your hands reflect light too?
Seriously though, why do you skip the soap?

AudiSport12

Reaction score
You have to use your bare hands with the Zymol waxes. The Carnuba has to stay warm (melted) so it doesnt clump up like it would with an applicator pad.

Depending on the soap, all it does is strip wax on a car or adds a thin layer of cheap wax which, in turn, messes up the wax underneath. Alot of times, soap will put in swirls especially on the very expensive cars. If you keep a good top coat of wax on a car, you shouldn't need soap as you just have to wipe off all the dirt. The wax you already have on there is what makes the car shiny and protects it. All you need to do is keep a nice top coat and you're set. Try it!

I'm a detailer at a Ferrari/Aston Martin/Maserati dealer and we havent used soap on any of the cars for months :thumbsup:

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Poorboy's World Natty's Paste Wax (Sick)
2. Clear Kote Red Moose Machine Glaze (Even Sicker, you'll never go to autozone again)
3. Meguiars High Gloss (Purple Stuff smells like Grapes :) )
4. Meguiars Car Wash
5. Spray Way Glass Cleaner (Reminds me of the Tint Shop)
6. Rims - Spray Way Glass Cleaner
7. Interior Plastics - Spray Way Glass Cleaner (keeps everything from collecting dust, Armorol likes to collect dust)
8. Leather - Chemical Guys - Liquid Leather

if you really want to learn about some detailing stuff...go check out some of the mustang forums, those guys are crazy about detailing

AudiSport12

Reaction score
What do you guys use to get bugs off?

I normally just use a Final/Instant Detailer with a microfiber and gently scrub them off. A lot of times though, if they are fresh, you can just wipe them off with water and a microfiber.

For the old, dried bugs, you can use a very mild multi-purpose cleaner or a very mild wheel cleaner. Either way, dont let the chemicals sit on the paint very long. Also, you'll have to re-wax every area you use a chemical on because those strip the wax.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally just use a Final/Instant Detailer with a microfiber and gently scrub them off. A lot of times though, if they are fresh, you can just wipe them off with water and a microfiber.

For the old, dried bugs, you can use a very mild multi-purpose cleaner or a very mild wheel cleaner. Either way, dont let the chemicals sit on the paint very long. Also, you'll have to re-wax every area you use a chemical on because those strip the wax.

Agreed! For the ones you can't get off immediately or have "baked on" in the summer heat, I have used >> GASP << isopropyl rubbing alcohol and a microfiber towel and gently wiping it off. It works fantastic. And like you said, you definitely should re-wax the affected/treated area(s). The other wheel cleaners and stuff make me worry about being too harsh on the clear-coat, whereas the alcohol seems to be fine. I've thought of using some gasoline as well -- anyone tried that? Which of these options do you all think is least risky for the clearcoat?

AudiSport12

Reaction score
Agreed! For the ones you can't get off immediately or have "baked on" in the summer heat, I have used >> GASP << isopropyl rubbing alcohol and a microfiber towel and gently wiping it off. It works fantastic. And like you said, you definitely should re-wax the affected/treated area(s). The other wheel cleaners and stuff make me worry about being too harsh on the clear-coat, whereas the alcohol seems to be fine. I've thought of using some gasoline as well -- anyone tried that? Which of these options do you all think is least risky for the clearcoat?

Yeah, I have never used a wheel cleaner on my cars paint but it wont hurt it. As long as it is watered down enough it'll be fine. I have never used gasoline but I personally wouldn't try it.

We have this Orange/citrus all-purpose cleaner we use at Ferrari that will break down anything you can think of on a cars surface (excess wax, bugs, sticker goo, grease, etc) and it is 100% fine to use on the paint but you have to wax it after. I'll see if I can get the actual name of it tomorrow. It works wonders. I'm not sure if it is sold in stores but I'll find out. Oh, and the smell is amazing!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a bottle of but/tar remover a while back and as soon as I started using it the smell seemed oddly familiar. Then it hit me, it smelled just like gasoline! I stopped using it since I think gasoline is supposed to be bad for paint, correct me if I'm wrong. So apparently some company just sells thickened gasoline to remove bugs. HEY, maybe it was really NAPALM!!! I'll try the alcohol, that sounds reasonable. I don't mind rewaxing the bumper...

AudiSport12

Reaction score
Got the name... Big Orange made by Zep. Awesome stuff. y'ought to pick you up some. Ive never seen something break down crud like this stuff. It will clean ANYTHING haha.
000059.jpg

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks AudiSport12! I'll check it out, even though I've now heard that the isopropyl alcohol is fine for the clear coat. :thumbsup:

AudiSport12

Reaction score
But you dont get the lovely orange smell! haha.. I cleaned out a Porter Cable applicator pad with the Orange and accidently left it sealed up in my Audi last night. Hopped in the car this morning and almost passed out because the smell was so strong!

Nappers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Products used:

Tires-Meguiars Hot Shine Aerosol can.
Wheels-Meguiars Hot Rims multi piece cleaner (if they are bad)-wax and polish as paint as they are machined clear coat. Maintain with Meguiars Wheel Detailer.
Paint-ScratchX on deeper scratches, Meguiars wash, Meg's clay, Meg's #80, Meguiars Wax (either NXT 2.0, M26, M21) and maintain with Meg's Ultimate Quik Detailer. Use G100 (PC) with 8006,9006 pads.
Windows-Eagle One 20/20
Rubber Vinyl-Meg's #40 or Natural Shine, maintain with Interior Quik Detailer.
Wheel Wells-Meg's #40 (soon to be Meg's Hyper Dressing)
Headlight/Taillights-PlastX with rotary and 8006 pad.

Pretty much use Meguiars products. Meguiars Online is my other hang out.

Aaron

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great list there, Nappers! BUT, you gotta ditch the Eagle One 20/20, and try some Invisible Glass. I used to use the Eagle One stuff for a long time. I'm tellin' ya, the Invisible Glass stuff is absolutely amazing when used with a microfiber towel -- you won't be disappointed! :D

jj99yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dawn dish washing liquid or shampoo. air dry at 75mph.

thats what i do. lol. but i dont think ive washed any of my cars in about a year i normally let the rain do it. lol.