What products do YOU use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanbabZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For about 3 yrs I used Zaino. Good stuff but then I came across Poorboys products and have to say by far this stuff is great.

To remove tar try Dupont Prep-sol. Safe for your paint (it will strip wax though). Works awesome

1) TIRES: Armor all tire spray. Use my shield to protect rims spray on then wipe after 15 min to give a depp black shine
2) BODY: Poorboys products (various products)
3) WHEELS: Mothers Aluminum polish
4) GLASS: Stoners Invisible Glass (aerosol spray)
5) TRIM: Mother Back to Black
6) SCRATCHES Poorboys
7) Tailpipe/Tip Never Dull

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dawn dish washing liquid or shampoo. air dry at 75mph.

thats what i do. lol. but i dont think ive washed any of my cars in about a year i normally let the rain do it. lol.

I hope you don't ever wax your car, if you do you are wasting your money. Washing your car with dawn will strip all of the wax right off of your car. That is why they make special car washing soap.

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use black magic for just about everything. Castrol makes a all wheel/tire cleaner that is awesome for getting off all the brake dust and old tire shine. If you can get a hold of TNT that works even better but dont get it on the paint. Consumer reports rated Black magic wax #2 behind Eagle 1 nanowax but it works great especially if you have a dark colored car. I love the smell of the black magic products too. Use the interior protectant and the leather cleaner/conditioner too.

AudiSport12

Reaction score
I hope you don't ever wax your car, if you do you are wasting your money. Washing your car with dawn will strip all of the wax right off of your car. That is why they make special car washing soap.

And it softens the clear coat up to no return. GL getting her shiney again! :lol:

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And it softens the clear coat up to no return. GL getting her shiney again! :lol:

it doesnt soften up the clearcoat, just strips off the wax. the process of many pro's is to wash with Dawn, then claybar, wash with dawn again, then apply a few layers of wax/polish.

AudiSport12

Reaction score
it doesnt soften up the clearcoat, just strips off the wax. the process of many pro's is to wash with Dawn, then claybar, wash with dawn again, then apply a few layers of wax/polish.

That is a one time use though. With repeated use it can. A friend of mine used to wash his 530i with dishwashing soap regularly and it really messed with the clear. BMW's tend to have a hard clear and his was pretty soft compared to all the other BMW's I have detailed (I used to detail at local BMW dealer) and it took me forever to bring his back to life. I have never used Dawn in all of my detailing years. Guess it just varies on the detailer.

Black96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
willamsport PA (college) souderton Pa ( home)
when i have the time i use mothers three step
1 is a cleaner wax, this works great! even if u just use it bye it self it still is a wax, and it actully makes like a white flake when u wipe it off, i wipe this off by hand with my secretive towel (my old babie dippers)

2 i usually clay bar it after that

3 i use the swirl and scratch remover with a buffer on low speed

4 is the carnuba wax then

interrior i use oxy clean carpet cleaner, armoral wipes on dash and all, normal vacum it out,

for tires ive still been using different types dependin if im kinda showing it off and really wana wet look of just cleanin it up, but i also detail under the hood, alot dont know or maybe do, i take mothers alumminum polish to anything that will polish up, u dont need to go out and buychrome this or that u just polish it up, ive done that with my headers and a/c components and fittings,

thats about it, but really detail is everything, and taking ur time

AudiSport12

Reaction score
when i have the time i use mothers three step
1 is a cleaner wax, this works great! even if u just use it bye it self it still is a wax, and it actully makes like a white flake when u wipe it off, i wipe this off by hand with my secretive towel (my old babie dippers)

2 i usually clay bar it after that

3 i use the swirl and scratch remover with a buffer on low speed

4 is the carnuba wax then

interrior i use oxy clean carpet cleaner, armoral wipes on dash and all, normal vacum it out,

for tires ive still been using different types dependin if im kinda showing it off and really wana wet look of just cleanin it up, but i also detail under the hood, alot dont know or maybe do, i take mothers alumminum polish to anything that will polish up, u dont need to go out and buychrome this or that u just polish it up, ive done that with my headers and a/c components and fittings,

thats about it, but really detail is everything, and taking ur time

Why do you clay after the first step? The clay will remove a lot of that cleaner wax you just put on.

Black96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
willamsport PA (college) souderton Pa ( home)
yeah cause if i dont that cleaner wax leaves a kinda swirl marks form the paste in it, my truck was repainted on the front half cause the previouse owner hit something, its kinda hard to explain but if i clay it afterwords it removes the resadue and the cleaner wax makes kinda a white flake everywhere so the bar pics up the flakes to that i didn't get off

AudiSport12

Reaction score
Are you talking about the oil-ish residue/swirls after you take the cleaner wax off? If so, a little secret.. Mist the spots you waxed with water and wipe it down well with a clean microfiber. This will also remove the dried wax flakes off too if you wipe it down well enough.