What synthetic oil weight / filter to switch to ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyBlkBurban

Reaction score
I did search this but still couldn't find a definite answer....

I have a 2004 5.3 Suburban and am doing an oil change tomorrow. I want to go full synthetic - but not sure what oil weight to go with or filter that works best ---

anyone ? thanks

MyBlkBurban

Reaction score
:thumbsup: That's one hell of a deal !

Now what is the best weight to get 5w/30, 10w30, etc... Should I use the same weight in synthetic as in conventional oil?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the 10W-30 Extended performance last weekend.
Didn't like the looks of the Mobil filter compared to the WIX (NAPA GOLD) I have used forever, but it came with the deal, and you couldn't get just the oil without the filter. So I went ahead and used it..........

May change it out to a WIX later. Figured it could be as bad as a FRAM..........

shadow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 0W-30 syn with a Purolater Pure ONE filter.

WalMart - M1 ~ $23.00 for 5 qt jug
PureOne ~ $5.80 Advance Auto

cce1302

Reaction score
I use pennzoil platinum 5w-30 and the pureone or K&N oil filter.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do m1 5-30 synthetic with the mobil one filter unless that not avail I use quaker with the delco filter. Is it just me or are these filters looking like they need to be supersized?

mattjames07

Reaction score
ROYAL PURPLE - I love em...I know a lot of people out there say there is no real proof but I got a 3mpg increase in a 94 Ford Bronco w/5.0. I use them for oil, rear diff, tranny, anywhere I can put it...its a little more expensive but it is a GREAT PRODUCT

tekkitan

Reaction score
ROYAL PURPLE - I love em...I know a lot of people out there say there is no real proof but I got a 3mpg increase in a 94 Ford Bronco w/5.0. I use them for oil, rear diff, tranny, anywhere I can put it...its a little more expensive but it is a GREAT PRODUCT

I keep hearing this and I want to try it. I can definitely do the engine oil, I have never done the diff fluid before though.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use mobil1 5w30 ( which is the same I had in conventional oil) and its fine for me. no leaks or anything.