what was your first car. You know the one that gave you freedom for the first time...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought a 1970 nova when i was 15 years old. it was in pretty bad shape. wiring harness all hacked and had a 305 from a mid 80's car. the only good thing was that it had decent interior for a 28year old car. that was my favorite car and hope one day to get another!

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
91 cadi seville it was wrecked and beat up when I got for $300 and couple grand later ended up with a police magnet!

Last edited:

BDennis

Reaction score
2004 4runner got it for my fifteenth birthday. It was a good car no problems what so ever. What gets me is I am 19 now and I use to spend under 200 a month on gas I think and filled up every 7 days, now i fill up every 14-15 days and still spend as much as I did if not more. Did have some good times with that car though put in a nice stereo that made my house rattle.

Donkey punch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First car was an 88' chevy caprice. 9c1 ( police ) Its an awesome car, if you can get past the grandma ish looks. Was fast ( in its prime of course ) real smooth on the road.. in fact I still have it today.. gutted it all... Moded the crap out of it. Removed radio, air conditioning, ducting.. etc to save weight. She's still a brick, but is a few hundred pounds lighter and a hell of a lot faster.

sasquatch

Reaction score
My first car was a 1972 SS el camino with a 396. my parents tried to talk me out of it but i didn`t listen and i`m glad i didn`t. they said it wasn`t good on gas, and this was back in 87 when gas was if i remember correctly 89 cents a gallon for regular.

it was great having the fastest car out of all my friends. :cool2: they all had grandmas old impalas and granadas.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1976 Pontiac Bonneville.

man, it was like a couch in the back. black paint, red velour interior. power everything. it had a pimp factor of like, 100.

CHISTOSO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first was a 1972 Buick Riviera back in 85'. My pops bought it off an old lady who had it sitting for a few years after her husband passed away and passed it on to me a few weeks later. Still sits in the side of my garage fully stock with nothing missing and not a dent in it, just a bad tranny. I will bring it back to life and do a frame-off resto in the next couple of years.

gmoney_2010

Reaction score
I got mine about a year ago.. 2002 Chevy S-10 Crew Cab 4x4 with 34,000 miles on it.. My parents bought it for 10,000 which was a great deal cause i think i can sell it for 12,000 to buy the tahoe... I think it is a pretty nice first car.. But the tahoe i will most likely be getting is a year newer loaded, baisically same gas mileage, faster!!! but it has twice as many miles.. oh well

xsivforce

Reaction score
1969 Buick Skylark was my first but had it for a very short time so really the first car that gave me my freedom was a 1966 Chevy Impala...I miss her.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first car was a 92 Suzuki Sidekick 4dr 4x4 JLX.
then a 95 2dr 2wd 5sp Chevy Tracker (should have kept it, no rust, great MPG, sold it to have room for the IROC)

first ones I purchased were:
79 Jeep CJ5- ran out of money to get it going. (Still kickin myself for selling it...)
96 Cavalier -lost interest, never ran (picked it up for $100 though...)

now i have the 96 Tahoe and the 86 Camaro Z28 IROC Z :)

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4222200004_medium.jpg

92 Camaro RS, 305 ci TBI/K&N intake, dual exhaust, 20% tint (not pictured), sylverstar ultra low beams

It's sitting in my moms garage with a dead battery along with probably flat tires and bad gas.

jordankreutzer

Reaction score
My first car was a 1978 el camino. It had 305 with not very much power and no weight in the rear. A 14 year old with a farm permit and a heavy right foot equals a speeding ticket and 3 or 4 exhibition of speed or acceleration tickets before I got my real license. Growing up in a small town, there weren't too many cars like mine (one other one that an older woman drove) which meant i couldn't get away with anything, but man did i try. :D That car still sits in the shed waiting for the day when i can afford to do it the way it should be done.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first car was a 1978 el camino. It had 305 with not very much power and no weight in the rear. A 14 year old with a farm permit and a heavy right foot equals a speeding ticket and 3 or 4 exhibition of speed or acceleration tickets before I got my real license. Growing up in a small town, there weren't too many cars like mine (one other one that an older woman drove) which meant i couldn't get away with anything, but man did i try. :D That car still sits in the shed waiting for the day when i can afford to do it the way it should be done.

I wish I still had my first car:( But from what I here, my buddy had her just turn 505k miles and she is still kickin!!!! If he was not in texas I would buy it back from him. :D

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My very 1st car ever, was a $900, '78 Buick Regal with an inline 6 cyl from a '79 Nova. No power but lots of torque!

I actually wish I still had my 2nd car but it got stolen...:cryin:
A black '84 Buick Regal with T-tops...looked identical to a Regal T-Type!

...and YES! I have a thing for pre-'87 Buicks. Mostly anything with a Regal body on it!

98_hoe

Reaction score
first car i got was a 93 ford explorer given to me by my parents but it ran good and got me where i needed to go

first car i bought was that 98 hoe which i love also bought a 88 volkswagen golf

notch8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First car was a 2001 Ford Taurus - given to me by the parents because it was a spare car