what was your first car. You know the one that gave you freedom for the first time...

Discussion in 'Other vehicle makes and models' started by Rollin Thunder, Jun 2, 2008.

1. nannerb121

nannerb121 New Member

Mine was a white 09 LT tahoe that i have now. My parents bought it for me and i still drive it and love it to this day. I've added wheel and tires, an exhaust system, a new navigation, and 4 new speakers and i plan to keep this tahoe for many many more years to come

2. Spar

Spar New Member

First one that was given to me was a '58 Impala for HS graduation (In 1983 ! I'm not THAT old ! LOL) Drove it once, we towed it from my grandparents, never drove again (Dad sold it at a foreclosure sale :( ) First one bought for me was a '81 Honda Wagon, brand new engine. Bounced it off a pine tree :( First one *I* bought was a '71 Volvo for 300 cash. It likely would have lasted longer had I not been so brutal on clutches ! The first *real* vehicle I've bought was my '99 Tahoe, and she's growing on me :D

3. 20Tahoe12LT

20Tahoe12LT Full Access Member

My 1st. car was an '82 Monte Carlo.

4. NCFD4303

NCFD4303 Moderator

My first car was a 86 mazda 323

5. IronMan4Real

IronMan4Real Full Access Member

77 Impala (Aerocoupe). I built a 350 for it, 2 motors, 6 transmissions and same rear end,painted it eventually,restred it best I could.Had it from age 15 to 17.I was ale to smoke an Iroc back in the day.(1987) and for me that was uber cool....
    oh yeah...my mullet and Boston(More Than a Feeling) playing on my 6x9s....lol

Attached Files:

6. Muku13

Muku13 New Member

first car

78 Pontiac firebird with a v6. I thought I was Burt Reynolds lol

7. sadsack2

sadsack2 New Member

My first car had blue ovals disease, 93 tempo. Got my first GM 88 Camaro in 02 never looked back. I don't count the moment of insanity when I bought a Nissan lol, actually it was pretty nice.:rolleyes:

8. NowakPE

NowakPE Full Access Member

74 Ford F250 regular cab 4x2. Had a 390 with 4-speed, headers, and glass packs, so it sounded real good. Performance-wise it wasn't anything to really talk about. It had a fairly tall gears and a silly 2-barrel carb on it.

It also broke down a lot. One reason I'm still not fond of Fords today. On the plus side I did wind up learning a lot about working on cars because of it...

I was extremely pleased a couple of years later when I was able to "trade" my dad for a 77 GMC K2500. I loved that truck, in spite of the stiff suspension.

9. 07burb

07burb Moderator

93 s-10...wish I still had that truck

10. Miami-Dade

Miami-Dade Full Access Member

First car was a 1968 98 Olds with the 455..It was fully loaded and had ice cold A/C..It made my daily trip from the Bronx to up upstate New York nice and comfy.

11. RedAlrt1

RedAlrt1 New Member

1964 Dodge 880, push button 3 speed transmission, 383 engine.
    Back seat like a living room.

12. mccoyjms

mccoyjms New Member

'93 Honda Prelude.

13. Homesick

Homesick New Member

A '56 Chevy wagon, 283 and 3 speed on the floor. It had no starter (luckily, I lived on a hill) and jumped out of third real bad. I drove that thing EVERYWHERE.

joe

14. wolfbraid

wolfbraid New Member

1978 Chevy Nova "custom" I think was a dealer package. Had a 305 V8 and automatic, it was a slug, but I loved it...