What's the coolest feature you didn't expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grillmaster

Reaction score
When you open the door the side steps underneath pull out.... :thumbsup:

I actually didn't like that feature, I'm 6'5" and don't use the step. When it slides out it sticks out farther than the standard running board and I kept hitting my ankle on it. My wife on the other hand loved it because she's quite a bit shorter than I am and actually uses the running boards. In the end I won and my Denali does not have the power running boards, but I had to compromise and now I have to cook dinner 2x a week. That's ok with me though, I am the Grillmaster :D

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can those steps be removed? I am 6'4" and the steps actually make it harder for me to get in. My wife does not like them either.

jtalambo

Reaction score
If you turn the rear passenger vent on the top forward than you have front and rear blowing a/c or heat on you. A/c hitting the back of your neck feels good.

Greenage

Reaction score
Can those steps be removed? I am 6'4" and the steps actually make it harder for me to get in. My wife does not like them either.

Might look kind of funny taking them off? But, what you should be able to do is reprogram them to not come out when the door opens, that way they stay up all the time.

06Evolved

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my grandmother out the other day in my new Z71 and she said it was the coolest car she had ever ridden in and she couldn't stop talking about it! Bless her heart, she is 86. I love my Tahoe.

CobraKai

Reaction score
I had been driving a '99 Trooper for the past 8 years, so pretty much everything's cool to me. Love the Nav. Love the backup camera paired with the ultrasonic assist. My kids love the DVD player. But I expected to love all these things - that's why I specifically wanted them as options.

As for the things that I didn't know about or didn't think I'd care about but are pretty cool, I have to agree that for sheer coolness the remote start is pretty high up on the list. I also like how you can watch a DVD on the Nav screen while in park. I *love* that the Nav screen can from top-down to bird's eye view at the touch of a button. I like the non-skid surface on the 2 different areas of the center console - great for keeping my cellphone/sunglasses/etc in place. It's cool that the backup camera works equally well at night - I figured it would be next to useless then, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Having never owned a car with Universal Remote before, I dig that I don't need to have a garage remote hanging from my visor.

There are still so many things that I have to learn about the Tahoe that I'm sure there are tons of other things that I will think are cool. For instance, I still haven't played around with OnStar yet.

TN Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a 98 Tahoe It is not hard to find several things that make me smile about the new Tahoe. I'm with most you guys here on the features that make my day. Here is a list

1. Auto Start
2. Turn signals
3. Power pedals
4. Power folding Mirrors
5. Puddle light under mirrors ( It is kind of cool how it lights up the Tahoe on the side of the door at night when you’re walking up to the vehicle) :thumbsup:

LVMS

Reaction score
Mine is the memory seats. Before in my other cars when ever my wife would drive she would mess with the mirrors and seat settings and it would piss me off when i had to re adjust everything. Now when i use my remote the seats and mirrors go to my settings, when she uses hers they go to her settings as soon as you press the unlock button. I LOVE THAT :clapping:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 blinks with the blinker by just pressing it.

Coming from a 2004 Yukon XL Denali, I was already spoiled. I definitely agree with you on my number one unexpected feature:

1) Single-press, triple-flash turn signals
2) Automatic headlights
3) One-touch moonroof close

Ones that I think are even cooler that I did expect:

1) Touch-screen nav
2) Back-up camera
3) Back-up sensors
4) Power fold-and-tumble second row
5) Power lift-gate
6) Remote start

Feature that I miss most:

1) Envelope cargo net -- what were they thinking?!?!? Not even an option for Denali -- no upper mounting posts.