When Tahoe spotting......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MCF34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya...

I try not to as I just get jealous... I got an LS 'cause it was the only one I could find without a sunroof :( I'm tall, what can I say...

Anybody got a problem with that? :gun:

I am 6'5" and my hair would touch liner with sunroof, but I got real lucky, found an LTZ with exactly what I wanted (3.73 rear and bench) without a sunroof. It took going to six dealers to find it......well worth it.

z71offroader

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont do this to just tahoes but to just about every truck out there...yes ill admit it im a truck fanatic!

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I am 6'5" and my hair would touch liner with sunroof, but I got real lucky, found an LTZ with exactly what I wanted (3.73 rear and bench) without a sunroof. It took going to six dealers to find it......well worth it.

I think it is great that you have superior taste and are smart enough to recognize quality and style, and you bought American!:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

08LTZ

Reaction score
I try not to as I just get jealous... I got an LS 'cause it was the only one I could find without a sunroof :( I'm tall, what can I say...

Anybody got a problem with that? :gun:

Interesting...I am 'tall' as well 6'4"...and I prefer a sunroof..have one in our tahoe and in my benz...I feel 'closed-in' without it....

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I am 'tall' as well 6'4"...and I prefer a sunroof..have one in our tahoe and in my benz...I feel 'closed-in' without it....

My head touches the ceiling, not real fun when you hit bumps... And yes I lowered the seat all the way when looking at them ;)

djnsmith7

Reaction score
I love seeing other Tahoe's because it gives me some ideas on what I might wanna do in the future...I saw an all black on black with some sick ass 22's at the car wash & gave him props in my head on his rims...He went pretty dark on his all around tint too...looked sick...& I don't have a problem saying it...

Yea, I catch a lot of other '07 Tahoe owners lookin at mine too as I'm driving...Happens all the time & it's a pretty cool feeling...Especially since I'm coming off a '98 QX4...

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
How many do this, quickly size up trim level, IG lack of fog lights probability LS(less stuff) LT could be a 12 or 3, sun roof and back up camera probably am LT3. LTZ has all the stuff! This goes through my head when Tahoe spotting.:drool: Yes I a bit obsessed.:D

totally.. tahoe makes a turn and hes got turn signals in his mirror.. what do i say? that bastard has heated seats... daahhamm.. my azz is freezin

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
saw a z with the liftgate.. ruined my day.. ofcourse gm doesnt allow you to have a liftgate if you have the LT2 Equipment Group... such a scam.. ! A liftgate should be available to anyone who wants it and is willing to pay for it.>!

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
saw a z with the liftgate.. ruined my day.. ofcourse gm doesnt allow you to have a liftgate if you have the LT2 Equipment Group... such a scam.. ! A liftgate should be available to anyone who wants it and is willing to pay for it.>!

It was an expensive option when we bought ours, but I wish I had one.

akim47

Reaction score

agreed! i ended up w liftgate. but we dont use it very much because the door hits the top of our garage door and then goes back down! what a waste... :sad:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...door hits the top of our garage door and then goes back down!

Same here when I pull straight in. Had to learn to back it in using the rear camera and backup sensors. When the third sensor LED (the red one) comes on, I've got 23" clearance between the bumper and the wall of my garage, enough for the liftgate to open. I've got like 5" clearance in the front for the garage door to close. I've even managed to teach my wife how to back it in carefully as well! :thumbsup: Left/right clearance is not so tough, as I've got a little more room between the trailer, shelves, and workbench in the garage. Not real "pretty", but it works just fine.

Play with the alignment, and hang a tennis ball on a wire to "mark" the spot...you may be surprised to see how well it works.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here when I pull straight in. Had to learn to back it in using the rear camera and backup sensors. When the third sensor LED (the red one) comes on, I've got 23" clearance between the bumper and the wall of my garage, enough for the liftgate to open. I've got like 5" clearance in the front for the garage door to close. I've even managed to teach my wife how to back it in carefully as well! :thumbsup: Left/right clearance is not so tough, as I've got a little more room between the trailer, shelves, and workbench in the garage. Not real "pretty", but it works just fine.

Play with the alignment, and hang a tennis ball on a wire to "mark" the spot...you may be surprised to see how well it works.

WIMP :giggling:

i do it with no back up sensors, no rear view camera and with the radio.

i use mirrors, the old fashioned way and have never bumped any thing once, excep the neighbors cat tail a couple of times (stupid cat)

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WIMP :giggling:

i do it with no back up sensors, no rear view camera and with the radio.

i use mirrors, the old fashioned way and have never bumped any thing once, excep the neighbors cat tail a couple of times (stupid cat)

Uhm, yeah, whatever Mr. Mirror! Isn't that how you clipped off your dad's Enclave mirror and smashed yours to pieces? You forget about that one? HMMM??? :skep:

:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

Point, is, be careful, and you probably can fit the thang in there, and open the liftgate...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhm, yeah, whatever Mr. Mirror! Isn't that how you clipped off your dad's Enclave mirror and smashed yours to pieces? You forget about that one? HMMM??? :skep:

:smilielol::smilielol::smilielol:

Point, is, be careful, and you probably can fit the thang in there, and open the liftgate...

yea but that was backing out when i fronted in, i was showing off for the neighbors daughter so i floored it (c'mon you were young), backing in i have never had trouble.:umn:

point is dont trust the electronics to do everything, you still gotta so some of the work, but your lucky to have the beep beep crap that we have on our 08 lambdas. but i dont :cryin: but at least im not a wimp :giggling:

terd fergeson

Reaction score
im part of the Less Stuff tahoes. but its the best stock LS on all forums. HAHA!! i wish i had a cosigner to cop the white ltz that i wanted but....crappy credit gets u crappier stuff.

i get jelous of all the white ltz's out there. couldnt even find a white LS cuz my hoe was one of the last 07s with a big rebate.

i wish i can jus trade the paint with someone else....if it was that easy.

Mystic_angeleyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many do this, quickly size up trim level, IG lack of fog lights probability LS(less stuff) LT could be a 12 or 3, sun roof and back up camera probably am LT3. LTZ has all the stuff! This goes through my head when Tahoe spotting.:drool: Yes I a bit obsessed.:D

Yes I do this! But i've always been this way with any vehicle i have! :gy:

TallyDAWG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spot check as well. Fortunately I haven't seen another SoCo Tahoe yet but have seen quite a few Avalanches.

I also get agitated when I see a Hoe with turn signals in their mirrors. Damnit! That is my next big purchase.