where is aux in stock stereo with bose 2003 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2k5Tahoe

Reaction score
i was wondering if the 2003 tahoe has a aux ? so i can connect my ipod....

str8wkd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeh the plugs for aux and xm are on the the back of the radio it is not hard to get out, i think the plugs may be blue and gray you will need a GM adaptor to Ipod but you can get it at most mobile electronics store

2k5Tahoe

Reaction score
thanks for the help ...how much do u think it will cost me for the GM adaptor ?

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get one at Circuit City for $65. I got one yesterday, but it's not what I needed. My radio has the internal 6 disc changer, so it only had one aux port on the back.. and my XM is on that one. So I'll have to go another route to get iPod connectivity.

It seemed pretty simple though, if you have basic wiring skills to wire up the power for it.

It comes with the harness to plug into the radio, what I assume is a power converter plugged into that, and a 4 ft. iPod cord.

BH

2k5Tahoe

Reaction score
can the xm be unplug and install the ipod connection

2k5Tahoe

Reaction score
no i dont even use it ........so how much would it be then if disconnect xm what part would i need .... whats it called at circuit city?

2k5Tahoe

Reaction score
cool thanks for the help ..... thats all i need rite ?

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so far as I know. There's a hot wire and a ground wire for the Metra, so you might want to get some extra wire, and possibly an in-line fuse. I am no wiring wizard by any means, so I really don't know for sure. The Metra's instructions said not to ground it to the radio bracket.

Also, if you've never taken your radio out... my cables attached to it were just long enough to get it out of the hole. I mean an inch out of the hole. Which made it a pain in the a$$ to see what I was doing. I hope yours are different. If not, you may have to unplug the entire radio to work in there.
I don't know how the anti-theft radios work, so make sure unplugging it won't screw it up.

Anyone out there know about this last part??

BH

2k5Tahoe

Reaction score
thanks ....yeah i tryed to take it out the other day and could not reach so i gave up lol

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Does this cover 2002 as well or did it start with 2003?

The Peripheral iPod2car GM73 interface will work with our 00-06 GM trucks. You should be able to pick this up at places like Best Buy, Circuit City, and Crutchfield.