Where is that post on power liftgate scratching the bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the search, but that thing is worthless to me.....and I entered it in properly too.

Anyway, the power liftgate is scratching the left side of the bumper where it contacts as it goes up and down. I have a liner around the gate door, but if it wasn't for that, the paint would have been scraped off by the door.

Any fix to this? I remember reading something before, but wasn't sure.

Thanks in advance.

smoothfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off - visually check your shocks on the door... the drivers side may be leaking, and if so - replace it.

Mine did this from the factory, so i had it back to the dealer twice and they gave me a line about not being able to adjust the actually door, but what they do is shift the bumper over. So they said they have to take the bumper off, and trim it a bit (where it fits under the tail light i believe, as there may be a tab/stop) and put the bumper back on.

After the second visit... so far so good. The truck is under warranty for some time (only 3 months old), so i will be keeping my eye on it.

good Luck!

08Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can adjust the bumper cover. that was the fix for mine.

kpanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is one of the items on my list for them to fix, I'll see what they say when I bring it in...I'm sure I won't like the answer! ha,ha