Where to get black Chevy front logo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really?

How do you find someone to paint it? Take it to the dealer or what?

I really like the look!

Actually, if anyone here can paint it for me, I will pay you.

I believe you can buy the bowties for around $50 each at the dealership.

Please PM me if you don't mind helping me out. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Most of the time, you can find an auto body repair shop to do it for you. It shouldn't cost anymore that 50 to get one painted. Anymore, and I'd say move on.

LOL, find a crack hoe.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My body shop did mine both for an extra $50 when they were working on my truck:
frontwhite.jpg
rearwhite.jpg

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just take them off and spray paint them and sand/polish them out and they will look just as good!

Gruson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys!

I had one dealership quote me $300 to do it. LMAO

He would not do it unless I bought new emblems.

I called another one and paid them $80 to paint both the front and back emblems black.

It looks SOOOOO much better now IMO.

glpd74

Reaction score
Can the guys that have done this themselves give me some pointers on doing it yourself. Better to use a heat gun or just hair dryer, what was the best meathod for removing the tape and residue before retaping, for the front emblem did you just take the gold part off or the gold and black piece, type of spray paint and if you used anyother clear coat spray, type of sand paper and polish to finsish it off. Havn't painted anything on a vehicle before so just looking for some pointers.

Thanks

TJ

CIATAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you send them to me, I can have our paint guy do them for 60 bucks. PM me if intersted.

10100--4.jpg

_MG_0223_resize.jpg

Last edited:

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ship them to me and ill paint em for you, whatever color you want..... PM me about it...

destro77

Reaction score
getting a scratch taken out at the boy shop and they are doing my emblems for me in black.Cant wait to get it back .Will post pics.

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me a couple hours to do, but most of that was spent watching the paint dry. Probably cost me about 8 bucks for the small can of dupli-color black and clearcoat. I already had grey primer but that's like another 3 bucks. I didnt even take the bowtie off. Just tape all around it and put newspaper or towels over the front. I went a little overboard and covered all the way back to the A pillar. Using a fairly light grit sandpaper, i scratched up the bowtie pretty good and evenly. Then I wiped it down really good to make sure it was completely clean. Then just aim and spray. I went from side to side, but I don't know if that really matters. I did 2 coats of primer, letting each coat dry. Then 4 coats of black. Then 3 coats of clear. I never got around to the last part, but you should probably treat the clear by using a clay bar and some wax and that should make it look just as good as the body paint from more than 6 or 7 inches away. A body shop could have done a little better job, but the thing gets nailed with bugs all the time anyway its not really worth it, and its fun to do yourself. I'm gonna try to put a picture up now, hopefully it works.

tahoeman960208

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, didn't work. I think this might though. Sorry the tractor is in the way, i used the same paint on that too though, but never clearcoat.

Attachments

• tahoe.jpg
    tahoe.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 38

glpd74

Reaction score
I appreciate the offer Sas and Cia but I think I would like to try this myself...when I screw it up I'll send them to ya to fix :)

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan.. umm ill give ya a couple tips... you should consider wax and grease remover and use it before you start to sand away. 3to 4 coats paint is good and 3to4 coats of clear... idk whatelse to say.....

Cr8ter

Reaction score
Has anyone tried painting the bow ties White Diamond color? I have an '08 LTZ in white diamond and would like to match the paint.