where to insert seafoam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought two cans, put a full can into my gas tank and plan to run the other can through the vacuum lines and crank case... i am having a problem

I do not know which vacuum line to run the seafoam through... i have an 04 5.3, it does not have the standard large black break booster so i am not sure which vacuum line to disconect for the seafoam.

Anyone know?

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok.... so i pulled the plastic cover off the motor, pulled the "upside down L" shaped hose off the passanger side of the intake manifold, sucked in a good half bottle of seafoam, turned the motor off. Let it stand 15 minutes, turned to motor back on and......

NO SMOKE! not even one single bit, NONE, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH.... NADA

what did i do wrong?

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you pull the hose off the manifold side? You should have pulled the side off the block and sucked the sea foam into the intake manifold. I have an 04' as well and noticed that there was a sucking noise coming from the "L" connect on the block and no suction on the intake side so I thought it might go in there but then realized that it needs to go in the intake manifold so I shimmied my gas pedal down a bit and there was more than enough suction to suck it into the intake manifold..........and voila......smokey and the bandit

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so let me get this strait... you disconnected the intake tube, opened up the throttle a bit and the just went right in that way?

I am worried that i just poured half a bottle of seafoam into the wrong place :(

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually did suck a little into the block before I thought about it since it seemed to be the right place and nothing went wrong. So, yes..... the hose goes from the L shaped connector located on the block to the side of the intake manifold. You want to remove the end that is connected to the L shaped connector, have a buddy give some gas or shimmy the pedal down a bit, and suck the foam into the intake manifold. Sea foam can go into any part of the engine so I don't think it can hurt sucking it into the block but I am certainly not a mechanic............

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have not given round two a shot yet,i will let you know in a few hours... if you dont hear from me... call the paramedics

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have not given round two a shot yet,i will let you know in a few hours... if you dont hear from me... call the paramedics