Where to mount HID ballast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to install these ballast for my new HID kit but can't find where to mount them. Where did you guys mount your ballast for low beams and fog lights??!?!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I mounted the ballasts for both my high and low beams behind the headlight housing. I haven't done the fogs yet, so I couldn't help you there, but the wires should be long enough to mount up behind the headlight housings as well I would think.

tahoebigah

Reaction score
I mounted my foglight ballasts to the bumper bracket if i remember correctly with lots of zip ties

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had enough wiring to screw the brackets to the top black rail above the radiator; once i reinstalled the black plastic top shroud, they are not even noticable--so if you havent taken that off, it might give you a little more room--
M.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey thanks guys, I finished it up late last night...the install turned out perfect...ill get some pics up either today or tomorrow of install pics and b4 and after pics thanks!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you wire your hids to the battery like mikes instructions suggest??

i cant get my stupid batters to connect now!! :mad3:

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran the positive cables to the red box that splits off to the alt. had to attach 10g eyelets though

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ran the positive cables to the red box that splits off to the alt. had to attach 10g eyelets though

thats what i ended up doing, and i put the negative on the alternator ground bolt.

i want to addhid highs now and i wonder if i can use the same spot, im sure i can since they do not stay on at the same time, same power, different source i guess.

Danjelo

Reaction score
How come you cant just plug them in? I just bought a HID kit in Sweden and all the ballast connectors match perfectly. The thing is : THEY DONT LIGHT. Does a Tahoe -03 have som sort of CAN bus sytem that is sensetive to resistence? Can someone please explain exactly how you got yours working?
Thanks.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How come you cant just plug them in? I just bought a HID kit in Sweden and all the ballast connectors match perfectly. The thing is : THEY DONT LIGHT. Does a Tahoe -03 have som sort of CAN bus sytem that is sensetive to resistence? Can someone please explain exactly how you got yours working?
Thanks.

i diddnt want a kit that used the stock plugs, thats the easiest way to fry them.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have not solved your issue, here is where i mounted mine, right behind the hosings on the right and left of the radiator, and the best part is there is space to store three of them below that one, so i could do fogs and highs insadition to lows, even though i will probably get aftermarket Xenon fogs, and another kit from mike for my highs. im sure there is a better spot and tell me if there is. but they work and im happy:yesnod:

here is pics if needed. sorry their big.

Far away to show proximity.

ballestmount.jpg

close up to show how its mounted.
ballestmount2.jpg