Which Pioneer do you recommend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at two different pioneers
FH-P8000BT
AVIC-F700BT
What do you think?

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am more interested in head units with minimal moving parts. Never was a big fan on tilting screens. Its just one more thing to rattle, shake or break

jrneyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neither...have heard of slow starting problems out of the f700bt, as well as programming issues

i bought a kenwood dnx5120-no problems so far after 2 months of constant use....

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
neither...have heard of slow starting problems out of the f700bt, as well as programming issues
Pioneer has a firmware update for the new AVIC BT models. The latest update is the 2.0 and will take care of the slow startup process.
The Pioneer units sell more than the Kenwood models do in my area. Most customers prefer the user menu and features of the newer AVIC models over the Kenwood units. I'm not at all saying the Kenwood isn't a great unit; it's nice. But most customers I've dealt with prefer the Pioneer units.
But to answer the original post, they're both nice units and feature pretty much the same options as far as media expandability (Ipod control, built in bluetooth, sat ready, etc). Biggest and main difference is navigation and touchscreen control on the 700BT.

YukonJacks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will document with pics on the dash and heater control mods I do when installing HU

Yhanks for the inputs guys