Which programmer should I buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwrstroker00

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just curious what programmers people have tried. I'll be putting on a S&B CAI and Flowmaster exhaust this weekend, so I am starting to look at power programmers as well. Are they worth the money?

Currently, I've been looking at the Hypertech Power Programmer III. Has anyone had any problems with one of these? Any other programmers anyone would suggest? Lets hear the good and the bad....

Thanks alot,
Matt

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the PPIII, and I like it. When I brought my 06 in for a flex fuel recall, the dealership reprogrammed my computer (i uninstalled PPIII first) and then I had to send it back to hypertech to get reprogrammed, but that shouldn't be an issue with you in an 04. My other complaint is with the thermostat. It recommends installing the 180 so I bought that and set up for it. The only thing I don't like is how loud the fans run when the tahoe gets up to operating temperature. Overall though I am happy with the performance gain, not sure about MPG advantage if thats what your looking for.

06tahoez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not get a custom tune?

I have a custom tune on my Tahoe and I love it. I had it tuned last March by Justin @ Black Bear Performance. For the money, a custom tune is the way to go. He often does local in person tunes or he can do a long distance tune. He'll send you the scan tool and you capture the data for him. It's a great setup... He'll work with you and adjust the tune to meet your driving needs and requirements. Check out his website or pm me if you want more info. He has a FAQ posted too, check it out. :thumbsup: