Why did you buy your SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgm74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because a growing family does not fit in a GTO to well and they do not make everyone that pulls next to you at a light want to race.

yukondoit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Why did you buy your SUV?"
I bought mine because I needed a bigger SUV, my wife had just had our daughter :D and they couldn't fit to well in my 94 2dr Kon. Plus I'm like everyone, they like bad ash. :cool2: Gas prices hurt but its worth it, and Yukon, Tahoe sound so much better than a "prius" :nono: haha

MadMedwyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great V8 sound, towing another car, hauling alot of stuff, room for a great system, reliatility, safety, roominess, and the sweet feeling of roaring by all of the Priuses.

Big Tap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used it to cover up the residue left from the jackass that decided to use superglue on the badge :cuss: People generally leave the truck alone too, big ass dag in the back helps as well

Was that a typing error, or did you actually just make a "Snatch" reference? Hahaha...

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you like dags? Ya, dags. Oh you mean dogs? Sure, I like dags. I like caravans more :smilielol:

KennyB22

Reaction score
Nice dogs btw, in no particular order..........
1)I needed a vehicle that I could put some heavy cargo in, large quantities of ammo, and not have it look like there is 5 bodies in the back.
2)I loved my first one, 96' two door sport,
3) the first one went to almost 300k miles before I finally sold it, and I now have almost 150k on my 02' z71
4)I FEEL SAFE IN MY TAHOE, and look good.
5)I am the only one who can carry 4 people comfortably when headed snowboarding with boards and gear.
6) I can go on the beach and surf, when all the cityits leave the hamptons.
7) I love chevys, (all I every owned)
I think there is more, but lunch is here.

radkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I needed to move the bodies.....

I'm 6' wife is 5'10" + 2 kids in car seats and a 90lb dog. Wouldn't all fit in the grand prix anymore.

Godsey97

Reaction score
We got ours because...
1. We outgrew our previous vehicle, a extended cab Silverado. The wife got tired of getting the newest baby in and out of a carseat. We had a '94 and it did not have the third door.

2. I am a big old feller that shops at Omars tent and awning shop and wanted something that I could easily get in and out of.

3. I wanted something that could tow my utility trailer loaded with junk and the travel trailer without a problem.

4. The Golden Retriever (since passed away), now yellow lab can jump in the back and not be on the seats getting hair everywhere.

Disclaimer>>>>I wanted a 'burb, but "She who must be Obeyed" thought it was too long. She is also the Chief Financial Officer of this corporation, so we went with her choice, I got to pick color and everything else though.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
We got ours because...
1. We outgrew our previous vehicle, a extended cab Silverado. The wife got tired of getting the newest baby in and out of a carseat. We had a '94 and it did not have the third door.

2. I am a big old feller that shops at Omars tent and awning shop and wanted something that I could easily get in and out of.

3. I wanted something that could tow my utility trailer loaded with junk and the travel trailer without a problem.

4. The Golden Retriever (since passed away), now yellow lab can jump in the back and not be on the seats getting hair everywhere.

Disclaimer>>>>I wanted a 'burb, but "She who must be Obeyed" thought it was too long. She is also the Chief Financial Officer of this corporation, so we went with her choice, I got to pick color and everything else though.

Yeah those CFO's have a lot of say in those matters.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those CFO's have a lot of say in those matters.

thats why i belive in seperate bank accounts.

when i get married, im gunna say, you dont have to work, you can borrow money from me and buy what ever your heart desires, but when "we " buy somthing, i get the most say since im paying. LOL. Or when i go buy somthing, you have no say at all since im buying it for me, when "we" buy somthing for "us" you have 35% say, and i have the rest.

Now im sure that will never blow over, but hey, a guy can dream cant he??:smilielol:

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have to work, you can borrow money from me and buy what ever your heart desires, but when "we " buy somthing, i get the most say since im paying. LOL. Or when i go buy somthing, you have no say at all since im buying it for me, when "we" buy somthing for "us" you have 35% say, and i have the rest.

Good luck with that one. :smilielol:

:D

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats why i belive in seperate bank accounts.

when i get married, im gunna say, you dont have to work, you can borrow money from me and buy what ever your heart desires, but when "we " buy somthing, i get the most say since im paying. LOL. Or when i go buy somthing, you have no say at all since im buying it for me, when "we" buy somthing for "us" you have 35% say, and i have the rest.

Now im sure that will never blow over, but hey, a guy can dream cant he??:smilielol:

Yeah but when you are legally married it is all you're money combined together. If you had separate bank accounts, then why bother getting married?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but when you are legally married it is all you're money combined together. If you had separate bank accounts, then why bother getting married?

good point, but then i will get the "are you afraid of commitment" speech.

All i make her do is sign one of those things that protects my bank account and possessions if a bridge needs to be burned.

My parents have seperate bank accounts, and then the main one which has both their names on it. I guess I could do somthing like that. Or maybe just stay single:D

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good point, but then i will get the "are you afraid of commitment" speech.

All i make her do is sign one of those things that protects my bank account and possessions if a bridge needs to be burned.

My parents have seperate bank accounts, and then the main one which has both their names on it. I guess I could do somthing like that. Or maybe just stay single:D

You're thinking of a prenuptial agreement, and that will cover you. I also think you should be able to trust who you are with , but at the same time you never know what is going on in some ones head.
But we are getting off topic here.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're thinking of a prenuptial agreement, and that will cover you. I also think you should be able to trust who you are with , but at the same time you never know what is going on in some ones head.
But we are getting off topic here.

that it.

Yes we are off topic.

Why did you buy your SUV.

CAUSE GM RULZ!!!

that should fix it.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going on 3 years with mine and I just love the power and the comfort. I like the power for merging on the freeway and basically getting lane choice, and the sound of a good GM V8! I often admire it's good looks as I look at my American made masterpiece of engineering.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going on 3 years with mine and I just love the power and the comfort. I like the power for merging on the freeway and basically getting lane choice, and the sound of a good GM V8! I often admire it's good looks as I look at my American made masterpiece of engineering.

AMEN!!!!

but the vette is still faster. :lol:

but my big 6000 pound suv is alot faster than alot of the other ones. plus is more comfortable.

But If its just me i take the jeep, that 4.7 HO has a TON of power. I wanna drag race (on a closed course of course) between the jeep and yukon to see. have someone drive the jeep and i drive the kon.

StylerG

Reaction score
Ahhh good to see a fellow jeep guy on here!!!

I've always owned jeeps, but we're a true chevy family. I was the only one that didnt have a chevy (bro has 1500 truck, sis has suburban, parents have tahoe, 4 door 1500, and vette).

I bought my tahoe because i like the comfort, style and also to tow my real toy...
DSC00692.jpg

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahhh good to see a fellow jeep guy on here!!!

I've always owned jeeps, but we're a true chevy family. I was the only one that didnt have a chevy (bro has 1500 truck, sis has suburban, parents have tahoe, 4 door 1500, and vette).

I bought my tahoe because i like the comfort, style and also to tow my real toy...
DSC00692.jpg

I used to have one of those in the 89 vintage. I used to wheel the crap out of it and it just kept running.