Why did you buy your SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnPoint619

Reaction score
Heres my 4 initial reasons and since 3 weeks ago I have 9 more reasons. Just wanted to show off the new addition to the family. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Attachments

• Dog's Couch.JPG
    Dog's Couch.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Group nap.JPG
    Group nap.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 7

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was getting cramped in my Monte SS, and tired of having a coupe. I've always wanted a hoe or a kon and found a reasonable one.

Nice dogs by the way. That's what I like to see nice well mannered trained pits. Not the ones that the new portrays to be killers. Any dog can be a killer it just has to be trained that way.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy one cause I need the space for friends and family. Not to mention, I go camping alot and LOVE doing road trips! Alot of my friends are telling me not to buy cause I'm gonna put alot of gas in it. I don't care cause it's only gonna be driven on the weekends anyway!

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I'm gonna buy one cause I need the space for friends and family. Not to mention, I go camping alot and LOVE doing road trips! Alot of my friends are telling me not to buy cause I'm gonna put alot of gas in it. I don't care cause it's only gonna be driven on the weekends anyway!

Yeah gas is expensive, true, but I cant replace family members and the piece of mind is well worth the price I pay to drive an urban tank. I 'll pay the price.

run4jc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always wanted one. Had a 1998 Suburban and got rid of it - regretted it then and still do now. Thought the previous body style (like I have) is one of the best looking trucks on the road still.....and I love to drive the darn thing! I still smile every time I fire up that V8 and listen to it rumble. Plus I got a good deal when I bought it.
Other reasons:
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=9961

ugachs24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my first Z71 in high school for my first car, main reason, the chicks dig Tahoes! Haha but seriously, I met my wife at a tailgate at UGA, her Z71 was parked beside mine and our first convo started with a "Nice truck!" wink.

I just think they're comfortable and solid trucks, and all the body styles have been great looking and easy to drive. I'm on my 4th- 2000, 2003, 2004, and 2008.

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah reason 2 is its a safe ride for the family. The gas money is worth the comfort.

Brandon00hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, lets see, big ass V8, lots of creature comforts, safe as a tank, built like one too, typical big American vehicle hauls my wife and 2 kids safely and in comfort, eats preisus for breakfast, why wouldn't I buy one?

+1:iagree:

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1:iagree:

+2. Me too, pretty much those exact reasons. I was having alot of fun with my 02 GTP coupe (my wife had an explorer for hauling my son around), but filling it with premuim was annoying, and it was my garage queen...black on black and super clean, so I hated driving it even in the rain...let alone the Colorado winter. I've always wanted a Tahoe or Yukon, so I decided to trade gas mileage for octane and pick one up. I'm actually making out better with the Yuke than I was with the GTP as far as fuel costs go, despite the 28 mpg highway that thing got.

I've since had another little boy, so my wife traded her explorer for a new Ford Fusion, and I keep the Yuke for winter driving and nice comfy road trips with the family.

I love my truck. I'd only ever trade it for a Black 08 to play with...but yeah, that ain't happening any time soon.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because I wanted a 6.0 and I've owned a few other chevy trucks. I spun mine out the other night into a ditch and all I got was a small dent which will pull right out. They seem to be idiot proof even when you drive like a complete fvcking moron
IMG00739.jpg

Helps to have room for the king shepherd, guns, stereo and coeds :D

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Because I wanted a 6.0 and I've owned a few other chevy trucks. I spun mine out the other night into a ditch and all I got was a small dent which will pull right out. They seem to be idiot proof even when you drive like a complete fvcking moron
IMG00739.jpg

Helps to have room for the king shepherd, guns, stereo and coeds :D

I normally don't put bumper stickers on a vehicle, but I love that bumper sticker, I snicker every time I see it.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bought my 06 cause it could do this....

102_1354.jpg

in these conditions...

102_1356.jpg

Bought my 07 for the reason today, am in west VA about 6 hours from my house, hope to get home tommarrow, never given me any trouble, while in chicago i raced it and won every time, found out today that the speed govner acts when over 100 mph, semis are a PITA some times. LOL.

cant wait to get HOME!!!!!!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally don't put bumper stickers on a vehicle, but I love that bumper sticker, I snicker every time I see it.

Used it to cover up the residue left from the jackass that decided to use superglue on the badge :cuss: People generally leave the truck alone too, big ass dag in the back helps as well
IMG00562.jpg