Why does my '07 Tahoe lock and set the alarm on its own

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

renotahoe

Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe recently started to lock the doors and set the alarm without pushing the key Fob. This has unfortunatly locked my keys in the car twice already.

Has anyone else seen or experienced this before?

Thanks

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not at all, i haven't heard any reports of this either (but i'm only on this forum) -- i'd take it to chevy, maybe they can reflash the ecu or something?

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a problem for you, take it to the dealer!

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the vehicles that I have own with a stock "alarm" will lock themselves if you unlock the doors but don't open them after a few minutes.

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong about this, but by design and under specific conditions, you're supposed to be unable to lock the doors with the key in the ignition. I know mine my locks pop back up it I attempt to lock them while stopped and out of the vehicle.

JaxDan

Reaction score
I think this is a setting in the Driver's Information Center(DIC) called DELAY DOOR LOCK. Its in the owners manual on page 3-77. It says when enabled, it will automatically lock the doors about 5 secs after the last door is closed, but the key has to be out of the ignition.

nc6600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this is a setting in the Driver's Information Center(DIC) called DELAY DOOR LOCK. Its in the owners manual on page 3-77. It says when enabled, it will automatically lock the doors about 5 secs after the last door is closed, but the key has to be out of the ignition.
My moms 08' Burban does this you can set the time and the doors will automatically lock after a delay but they will NOT lock with the keys in the ignition.