Will the DMV allow me to do this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get a custom license plate that reads:

"My Hoe"

You think they'd let me do it?

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most states require an explaination for custom plates, so provided that you can articulate the actual meaning behind the plate, you shouldn't have an issue...unless someone already has that plate. Who knows though, some states are uber strict on that kind of stuff. Just give it a shot and see...

Some states even have an online database where you can check to see if a custom plate is available. I'm from ohio so I know they do the online thing, and then if it's available you can even apply for it right there on the site.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here print this post out

we here at tahoeforum use hoe and kon as an abbreviation for Gm's full size suv, the tahoe and the yukon.

and just say im a cool science guy who went to harvard and they will belive you :smilielol: :smilielol:

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I wish it was that easy for them to believe that hahahah....

But you're right, the worst they can say is "No"

Not like they'd take me to jail for attempting it lol....

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubtful, but it doesn't cost to apply for the plates, so you may as well send in the application and see if it is accepted or not.

Gomez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my mom had our last name on her old tahoe saying "G0000MEZ"
(i forgot how many 0's there were)

gomez is our last name so that was pretty coo... imma do thattttttttttt

nephite1978

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Virginia, you can check the availability of Personalized Plates on the DMV's website. Just out of curiosity, I went and checked to see if you could get "My Hoe," and they didn't like it. "My Tahoe" was already taken.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I wish it was that easy for them to believe that hahahah....

But you're right, the worst they can say is "No"

Not like they'd take me to jail for attempting it lol....

this might be illieagle so try at your own risk, but flash a 50 or 100 (or even a 10) and see if they change their mind. might work. but your right, worst they can say is NO, or i cant take bribes. :cool:

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this might be illieagle so try at your own risk, but flash a 50 or 100 (or even a 10) and see if they change their mind. might work. but your right, worst they can say is NO, or i cant take bribes. :cool:

EDIT: misread RT's post, so only the second half of my reply remains ;)

You can't bribe the people at the desk and expect that to work - they have nothing to do with it. Special plates are usually approved by a special panel, not the DMV desk workers - at least thats how they do it in Ohio and Colorado. Thats why you have to fill out the request forms, so it can be forwarded to the appropriate person for approval. They might take your money and say "sure, I'll see what I can do"....but that doesnt mean it will work. ;)

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking at his picture it looks like he is loaded , so what does he care.

just an fyi, here in this day in age, people take bribes more than you think. :cool2:

Yuke2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking at his picture it looks like he is loaded , so what does he care.

just an fyi, here in this day in age, people take bribes more than you think. :cool2:

If he wants to piss his money away on a pointless bribe, thats his business bro...I'm just letting him know that it probably won't work bc the clerks generally don't have anything to do with the plate being approved or denied.

But hey like you said, it's his money - he can do what he pleases with it, no skin off my heinie. :)

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no I changed my mind, I'm going to go with my last name instead

Plus, I won't feel a sense of awkwardness around women who read my plates lol!!!!

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this might seem a little off-topic, but.....

Do the license lamps come on at night when the DRL's switch to the Lo-Beams?

I just switched out my license lamp lightbulbs and they're not coming on...I suspect it's because it's still daytime and my DRL's are still running....

I'll try again at night!!!