Windshield wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdhmsg

Reaction score
I know i'm a dumbass, but how do you change the wiper blades on a yukon? I have an 05. The wiper arm only comes off of the windshield about 4-5 inches. It's not enough to flip it. I've done this on every other car i've owned, but I can get this one. The hinge that let's it come up is hitting the bottom near the cowl. Any help is appreciated.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
IDK if this would work, but turn the wipers on with the key on, door open. Then once the wiper is at full swing, turn the key off. I am thinking that the wiper will stop on its downward sweep.

I may be wrong but its worth a shot.

bdhmsg

Reaction score
Thanks, I just tried this and it still won't work. I've never ran into this problem one other vehicles. I've been searching all over and I can't find anything on it.

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
Another shot. Pop open your hood and try then. I did not have any problem changing mine out lol.

bdhmsg

Reaction score
Another shot. Pop open your hood and try then. I did not have any problem changing mine out lol.

I got them. Thanks for your help. The manual said to turn them until the blades were facing away from the windshield. My 05 won't let me do that. I didn't have to do it like that. 15 seconds tops after I got it out.:)